Oklahoma Proton Therapy

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Congratulations to her and to you, Obviously & Rightly Proud Mom! :high5:

--- End of line (MCP)

mudpuddle

Thank you, all! I have never been so proud to be a mother until now! I am no stranger to cancer (not that I have ever had it). Many of my family members have died from it through the years. Oddly (I guess), both of my parents died of lung cancer at an early age. (yes, they were heavy smokers in case you were wondering.)
I am so hopeful that they will find a cure for all cancers, some day, but until then, we have to master how to treat cancer! I was not aware of Proton Therapy until my daughter got her job. I don't know why that is. I have not read that much out there on Proton Therapy. There are only a few locations here in the states, that have the equipment, and sadly, the company seems to be struggling a bit. Savanna works for IBA, which is head-quartered in Belgium. She has to travel there sometimes. She loves it there, but the downside is they don't speak much English there. They speak French! She always brings back beautiful pictures and interesting gifts for me and hubby! On her last trip there, which was only a few months ago, she brought back a "Cherry Beer" for us! It was the best beer I have ever tasted in my life! I love almost anything that has a cherry flavor and this was amazing! (Hubby didn't like it as much as me, but he doesn't have as strong a sweet-tooth that I have when it comes to drinks. His stronger sweet-tooth comes to pastries.) Since I am an online shopper, of course I had to "research" to see if there was any way to buy it. And yes, it can be bought online! (I did not tell my daughter this, because I did not want to take away from her special gift to us!)
So, I can't tell you how happy and proud I am that she ended up working for a company that treats cancer!
Her degree is in Chemistry. I never imagined that she would end up working in a medical field!

mudpuddle

I am! I am proud of my other daughter, Veronica, too. But honestly- she works in insurance! lol I consider them both to be great gifts to the world! As I am sure, all mothers do!
Speaking of daughters, how is your's doing?

littlelady

God bless the USA
I am! I am proud of my other daughter, Veronica, too. But honestly- she works in insurance! lol I consider them both to be great gifts to the world! As I am sure, all mothers do!
Speaking of daughters, how is your's doing?

Thanks for asking about Meg. She discovered a holistic chiropractor in Olney who gets rave reviews, and has changed her diet per a book she read by a Dr. Wahls. She is feeling better, and feels like she has more control of what happened to her. Also, she loves Janice Dean on FOX. Janice has MS, also. Nothing will stop them! You are a doll. Take care. :huggy:

Last edited:

mudpuddle

I am sorry I didn't refer to your daughter by name, but I just forgot! I have the worse/worst memory for names! (I also get confused with the word usage of "worst") lol A holistic chiropractor sounds interesting to me! Something for me to do some "research" on! I also have to look up Dr. Wahls now!
I, also, like FOX! I don't watch them on tv, but I follow them and interact with them on Facebook and Twitter!
I am really happy to hear she is feeling better! I hope she will continue to do so!!!

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Never heard of that treatment until just now. Savannah is working on a wonderful projectthat can have a dynamic impact on the world. Congrats to all working on cures for the scourge of cancer.