Old Albums

ginwoman

I have a box of old albums. Rock and Roll from the 80's and 90's. Any suggestions as to what to do with them? I hate to throw them away. Would like to sell them but don't know how to go about that.

Hank

my war
I have a box of old albums. Rock and Roll from the 80's and 90's. Any suggestions as to what to do with them? I hate to throw them away. Would like to sell them but don't know how to go about that.

Do you have a list of what you have? Most are probably worth $1 to $2

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Another thing you can do with them is frame them as wall hangings

mamatutu

mama to two

As was said here, make a list and post it. You might have some hidden gems. Antique Road Show, and all! When I moved here from Potomac in 1998, I was so overwhelmed in my life change that I didn't care what got thrown out. I appreciated the help with the years of collected crap. I had an album collection, as well. But, my new husband that saved me is a 'utilitarian' former Marine; as in, if you don't use it, throw it out. I love him anyway! I have since gotten him to at least recycle. Somehow, my Bach and Mozart collections survived. I must have hidden them, and don't remember. But, that is not the 80's and 90's albums you are posting about! :lol:

Last edited:

BOP

they now make records to mp3 converter players. Convert your favorite tracks first onto computer, THEN give them away...

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_luc4876b6_b

I've been cautioned about giving away solid music media and keeping the soft copies. If you decide to make a CD or music share, it could come back to bite you, since you no longer "own" the albums...in other words, you can't prove that the music on your computer is really yours.

Not sure I understand all the intricacies, but that's what I've been told.

joedancer

bookman
I would be interested in looking at them. I sell records in my shop, Fenwick Street Used Books & Music. Please private message me.

thanks,
Joe

b23hqb

PREMO Member
About five years ago I cleaned out my collection of over 300 albums to a vinyl record shop in Tampa. About 250 of the records from the mid-60's through the mid-80's were very common, so not worth anything. But I had about 50 that had original artwork/posters/add-ons, that the dude really liked, and he was giving me $10 for individual records. For what I thought would be not much, dude paid me around $300.00 for the bunch. I was happy.

blacklabman

I would be interested in looking at them. I sell records in my shop, Fenwick Street Used Books & Music. Please private message me.

I have a bunch of LPs from the 60's. I'm getting ready to move to Virginia. I'll drop by and see if you're interested.

thanks,
Joe

I have a bunch of LPs from the 60's. I'm getting ready to move to Virginia. I'll drop by and see if you're interested.

BigBlue

LOL , no disrespect but they aren't old ,the're seasoned .:patriot:

joedancer

bookman
Remember that when you look at records for sale online, you must keep in mind that the pressing, the album liner notes, the trail off, the label info, address and year all are important in determining value. Not to mention the condition of the vinyl as well as the jacket. What appears to be the same record could be valued at $25, or $1, if you know what you are looking for. In the end, an albums value is what people are buying them for, not what they are selling them for. I spend a great deal of time researching records and use a number of publications as well as street value. Just my two cents.

This is a really good site as well.

http://www.discogs.com/