Old/broken crayons needed

sockgirl77

I posted this in the classifieds, but I thought I'd try this here.

I'm looking for lots and lots of crayons for a project for my kids. We're going to melt them down and make new crayons out of them. I can pick up between Indian Head and Lexington Park. In exchange I can give you some of the new crayons that we'll be making. This is what they'll look like:

Attachments

• crayon-hearts-valentines-day-craft-photo-420-FF0207VALA25.jpg
    crayon-hearts-valentines-day-craft-photo-420-FF0207VALA25.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 130
  • Crayons_1-e1354219367743.jpg
    Crayons_1-e1354219367743.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 140
  • il_570xN_305032415.jpg
    il_570xN_305032415.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 157

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
Whenever. It's going to be an ongoing project. I'm going to let the kids sell them on Etsy and maybe try a craft fair or two. I love recycled art. :smile:

Ill have to look in my kids old stuff, Im not sure if we threw their old crayons out. Ill let ya know.

tipsymcgee

We tried melting them last summer into cookie cutter shapes, and that was neat for a while. Have to look into this project for them.

drivingdaisy

You might want to ask schools in the area too.

I always kept bags and bags of old broken crayons just in case when I was teaching.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
I have a bunch from school over the years as I always bought new ones for the students each August. What's the best way to get them to you?

Your kids will have to peel the paper off on most of them, though. Some of them the kids peeled off, but most of them just broke or wore down a bit.

I'd love for them to go for a good use and those look too cute!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
The Things are way past the crayon age, and we don't have any old crayons left anymore. But it sounds like a really fun project! Keep us posted on the progress & even if they made a little money. That sounds so fun! :cartwheel

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I used to have this massive bag of crayons and one day my dog got into it and ate several crayons... made for an interesting looking back yard.

sockgirl77

I have a bunch from school over the years as I always bought new ones for the students each August. What's the best way to get them to you?

Your kids will have to peel the paper off on most of them, though. Some of them the kids peeled off, but most of them just broke or wore down a bit.

I'd love for them to go for a good use and those look too cute!

I can come get them. I'll PM you. :huggy:

tiltedangel

I posted this in the classifieds, but I thought I'd try this here.

I'm looking for lots and lots of crayons for a project for my kids. We're going to melt them down and make new crayons out of them. I can pick up between Indian Head and Lexington Park. In exchange I can give you some of the new crayons that we'll be making. This is what they'll look like:

Those are absolutely adorable!!!!!