Old "Grit" Clothing For Sale?

cissp

Cyber Cop
I am a former resident of PG County, having basically grown up in Marlow Heights, MD. The time period I'm looking at is late 60s/early 70s. I was at one time what used to be called a "Grit", and before that I believe they were called "Blocks". At the time, I guess we thought we were real tough guys, and were identified by the clothing we wore. That consisted of "Macks" (contruction worker type pants), Hi-top "Chucks" (with colored shoestrings, and unlaced, due to the two or three pairs of basketball or hockey socks worn), Banlon shirts, slicked back hair, and "Peters" jackets. I am looking for anyone that has any of these old clothing items for sale.

Through eBay, I have been able to procure a few Banlon shirts, as well as a Peters jacket, although not the preferred, blue type type with the "envelope" back. Of course, "Chucks" are still made, so I've had no problem getting a pair of them. For the "Macks", I just bought some no-name brand construction worker type pants. But at one time they were actually called that, "Macks". It seems the most difficult to find clothing item is the "Peters" jacket. Does anyone have one sitting way back in their closet that they'd like to sell?

Anybody?

Thanks,
Chuck

cissp

Cyber Cop
Old "Grit" Clothing

Too bad you said this store "was" the place to get Grit clothes. :(

Originally posted by oldredneck
"The" place to get Grit clothes was the old Brinson's Clothing Store in Clinton!

oldredneck

Of course that was back in the 1970's. I remember they had clothing store dummies dressed in Max pants, Peters Jackets and the nylon-type tee shirts.

The Grits and the Freaks...that was a loooong time ago!

F

Flo

Originally posted by oldredneck
Of course that was back in the 1970's. I remember they had clothing store dummies dressed in Max pants, Peters Jackets and the nylon-type tee shirts.

The Grits and the Freaks...that was a loooong time ago!

:biggrin:

mainman

Set Trippin
Grits... I have not heard that in eons... Didn't you used to wear your socks up to your waist? :cheesy: