ISO Recommendations Old text books

NTNG

We will likely be moving this year. I have numerous older text books from years ago. Math, Science, Physiology, Anatomy, etc.
Is there someplace that would take them here in Southern MD? They are dated, and I know they are not the current editions.
I'm pretty certain the local libraries cant use them. Feels almost criminal to throw them out. Any local organizations that might want them?
Thanks!

Potomac

Sometimes you can sell old textbooks on Amazon or similar text book purchase/rental sites
Otherwise I would say they need to go in the recycling bin

John Z

if you will
I gave away most of my old engineering books via Craigslist.

I've also burned a few text books in the wood stove. Feels strange. :biggrin:

BernieP

Resident PIA
Sometimes you can sell old textbooks on Amazon or similar text book purchase/rental sites
Otherwise I would say they need to go in the recycling bin

If they are more than a few years old, and not used at some local intstitution of higher education, recyle the paper.
Colleges have specific requirements and that turns over more frequently than high schools.

NTNG

Thanks for the comments. Since these are from another century < 1996 > I think my best action would be to recycle them.

PeoplesElbow

You can find a nice market for some books on Ebay.

I sold some of my old textbooks, back then I wanted the $40, recently I bought some of the ones I wish I still had off ebay for a few bucks. Even a heavy text book if sent media mail is cheap, real cheap.