Old things found around the house

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Does it work?
There’s still a factory somewhere that makes new vacuum tubes, so you can have those replaced.
It has been a dream of of Mrs UB and mine to restore an old vacuum tube radio. Life just got in the way :(
You never know when you might run across one. If you keep on volunteering to help people with basement clean outs, you may stumble over one sooner than you think.

frequentflier

happy to be living
You never know when you might run across one. If you keep on volunteering to help people with basement clean outs, you may stumble over one sooner than you think.
Or hit yard sales...particularly with older folks. Amazing some of the things I have seen since I started this business!

KingFish

Nothing to see here
I have a large console radio from the 50's that My mother brought over with her from Germany. I have it working and sounds good. Takes up more space than I like in the garage.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I have a large console radio from the 50's that My mother brought over with her from Germany. I have it working and sounds good. Takes up more space than I like in the garage.
My maternal grandmother lived in Germany for years when her second husband was stationed there. I think she brought back 1/2 of the country. One of her possessions was a beautiful multiband console radio. All went in an estate auction when she passed.

NextJen

Raisin cane
I've been cleaning and packing to be able to put my house on the market soon. I was amazed at the stuff my mother had held on to that got brought to my house and stored after she passed. So as I am going through stuff I came across some cool old things.
I think the old liquor bottles are really cool.

Attachments

• 8 tracks.jpg
    8 tracks.jpg
    761.9 KB · Views: 56
  • barbie case.jpg
    barbie case.jpg
    820.6 KB · Views: 62
  • bottles.jpg
    bottles.jpg
    682.8 KB · Views: 59
  • kids records.jpg
    kids records.jpg
    900.4 KB · Views: 55
  • old meds.jpg
    old meds.jpg
    534.8 KB · Views: 51

frequentflier

happy to be living
I've been cleaning and packing to be able to put my house on the market soon. I was amazed at the stuff my mother had held on to that got brought to my house and stored after she passed. So as I am going through stuff I came across some cool old things.
I think the old liquor bottles are really cool.
I'd be interested in buying some of it if it is for sale :whistle:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
With a title of “Old things found around the house” I'm surprised someone hasn’t said their Husband or Wife.