ISO Information oldtime bars

fisherpw

Trying to remember bars from the 80s and 90s south of leonardtown and north of ridge on route 5. Was monks always monks? What were the names thur time of the black eyed susan/ark n dove? Was there rendvouz?

tipsymcgee

Trying to remember bars from the 80s and 90s south of leonardtown and north of ridge on route 5. Was monks always monks? What were the names thur time of the black eyed susan/ark n dove? Was there rendvouz?

I think it was Monk's Inn, changed to Raspberries in the 90s, then back to Monk's when the Winters ran it.

Was Ark and Dove, then Black Eyed Susan, then a nightclub ran by DJ Brown that I forget the name of before it was torn down for shopping center.

Was called Bennett's Bar before Rendezvous.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Might have been earlier then the 80s but there was Capt Tom's Oar House also.

And wasn't the Ark and Dove Charlies Tavern (or something like that).

Edit: It was Charlie's Villa, not tavern.

Last edited:

awpitt

Main Streeter
I think it was Monk's Inn, changed to Raspberries in the 90s, then back to Monk's when the Winters ran it.

Was Ark and Dove, then Black Eyed Susan, then a nightclub ran by DJ Brown that I forget the name of before it was torn down for shopping center.

The Ark and Dove/Black Eyed Susan was also called the Blarney Rock at one point in the early 90's.

ski357

Monk's was also, at one point after the Raspberries years, Atomic Outpost. Callaway Club, might have been the name of the night club. Does Willows count and what about Brass Rail?

tipsymcgee

Monk's was also, at one point after the Raspberries years, Atomic Outpost. Callaway Club, might have been the name of the night club. Does Willows count and what about Brass Rail?

Callaway Club is right, it was an after hours/late night byob club.