Olives — green or black?

Olives — green or black?

• Green

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Black

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Who cares what those nuggets of evil look like?

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

UglyBear

I can eat a jar of the green olives in one sitting (half-way through one right now), but hate the black ones.
Mrs buys the black ones by the Sam’s Club pallet, but can’t be in the same room with a green one.
Which one are you?

NextJen

Raisin cane
Like the green ones the best. Will do black on pizza or Mexican dishes.
Love large green olives stuffed with garlic. YUM!

Grumpy

I'd be more interested in foods you have never tried because it look gross or just doesn't look good..I will typically try anything once but I have never had cottage cheese, can't stand the looks of it.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
When I was a kid, Gramma Robinson would have 2 bowls of black olives at Thanksgiving dinner, one for me and one for everyone else.
Same, my mom would put out a little spread of various pickles and olives. One year, my nephew, who I guess was around 5 or 6, liked the black olives, but he would take one, take a bite out of it, and put it back. Take another, take a bite, put it back. A whole bowl. Never did figure out his reasoning.

I only like green, and only the Giant store brand. A little more salty and vinegary, texture is softer too.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Dry cured black olives give Italian cold cut sandwiches a nice salty burst. Pit then then cut each 1 in about 4 pieces. Those same olives go well with home made pizza.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I like green olives stuff with fresh blue cheese. Black olives, I can take them or leave them - they don't really have anything going for them.