Ollie's

Read locally that Ollie's is coming to St. Mary's Square. Not sure WTF an Ollie's is, so looked them up on the web. As the name might imply:

"Ollie’s Bargain Outlet is the Mid-Atlantic’s largest retailer of closeout, surplus, and salvage merchandise. Our 112 “semi-lovely” stores sell merchandise of all descriptions and some beyond description." "We also work with insurance companies to buy salvage merchandise. If a store in your neighborhood has a fire, Ollie’s may purchase the inventory and put it in our stores at drastically reduced prices! Yes there may be a little smoke on the stuff, but it’ll be so cheap that you won’t mind!"

Yep, this is exactly what we need in St. Mary's!

belvak

Happy Camper
We visited an Ollie's when we took our trip up to Cumberland in October. Some stuff was trash, other stuff seemed okay. Imagine a dollar store on steroids.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
You can get some great deals on rugs, laminate flooring and other miscellaneous items.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
They opened an Ollie's in the town we lived in when we were in NC. Super crappy.

somdfunguy

not impressed
I love it for one reason. I can find large print crossword puzzle books for my grandma there for $1. Other than that it reminds me of what Big Lots was like 20 years ago. Lots of junk and an occasional bargain. Should fit in good in the square.

nutz

Read locally that Ollie's is coming to St. Mary's Square. Not sure WTF an Ollie's is, so looked them up on the web. As the name might imply:

"Ollie’s Bargain Outlet is the Mid-Atlantic’s largest retailer of closeout, surplus, and salvage merchandise. Our 112 “semi-lovely” stores sell merchandise of all descriptions and some beyond description." "We also work with insurance companies to buy salvage merchandise. If a store in your neighborhood has a fire, Ollie’s may purchase the inventory and put it in our stores at drastically reduced prices! Yes there may be a little smoke on the stuff, but it’ll be so cheap that you won’t mind!"

Yep, this is exactly what we need in St. Mary's!

Personally, I was hoping the Dahlgren/ King George area would start to pull the ghetto crowd. The super Walmart there is a good start :whistle:

oldman

Lobster Land
We have Marden Stores here in Maine that does the same thing. I have never seen what I'd consider junk nor things smoked up. Great prices. I've purchased my wall to wall rug, a new door and several small items in there. Only thing is one has to be there when a new shipment comes in as the good things get snapped up real quick. Very clean store.

Had a Sears Surplus where I used to live. That was da bomb! I got all kinds of great stuff there for cheap.

camily

Peace
Anybody been there yet? I just saw the article in the paper and went online to see what I could find. Is it worth a trip from Waldorf and where exactly is it?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Anybody been there yet? I just saw the article in the paper and went online to see what I could find. Is it worth a trip from Waldorf and where exactly is it?
If you think Big Lots is fancy, then absolutely drive on down. Otherwise skip it. I will not be checking it out. :lol: