Omg

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
So someone posted this on the paso board

I have a 10 yo gelding that has lost alot of weight since last year. According to the body scoring chart he is emaciated. You can see his ribs,he has a significant space between his thighs (twist) and his hips are very pointed and pretruding. He is wormed on a routine basis and up to date on all shots. My horses are not on grass, but in a wooded pasture. He's fed ferscue hay, we use to feed coastal hay but it became to hard to get with the hay shortage, his grain is Triple Crown Senior even though he's not real old it was suggested that we feed him that because of the beet pulp and fat intake but nothing seems to be working. I'm really scared of alphalfa hay from the stories I have heard regarding to colic and such. I just want him to gain his weight back. My husband is ashamed to ride him bc people may think we don't feed him right. My horses are a part of my family and I want ot do the right thing by him. Any advice on what might work.

I write this

I actually gasped when I opened this thread..it has gone on too long..find out what is wrong and get it fixed asap..poor fella really looks bad..good luck

Someone posts this

She has tried Pasofever - that's why she is asking here... take it easy on her

So I write this

Actually sweetheart I was nice. I read it twice before I posted it..You should have seen what I wanted to write..(hugs)

Attachments

• LEFTSIDEANDBUTT.jpg
    LEFTSIDEANDBUTT.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 127
  • RIGHTSIDE.jpg
    RIGHTSIDE.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 135
  • SIDEANDBUTT.jpg
    SIDEANDBUTT.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
Gee . . It took the body scoreing chart for her to figure that out?

I surely hope they are NOT riding this horse.

Did she say how much she was feeding the horse? Where is she located? Perhaps she would give the horse up to someone like you Paso. You surely have done well in rehabbing horses.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
It could be any number of things a simple blood test could diagnose.

Has she checked his teeth? I can't believe a vet or farrier would see that horse and not comment. If I saw someone riding a horse that looked like that I'd probably pull them off and/or beat the crap out of them. That's just wrong.

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Yeah...that alfafa is deadly...that horse is way better off the way it is. :sarcasm:

I guess I have just been really lucky my horses never colicked on the alfalfa I have fed for over 20 years...oh, and I guess the big racing and breeding farms I grew up on were just lucky too. Pretty much the whole west coast is lucky because when they feed alfalfa correctly it is FINE!!! It is actually nourishing! :gasp:

Spicober

her husband should be ashamed to ride him because he shouldnt be ridden, not because of the way he looks on him!!!!!!!!! Thats just sad.

Loper

Animal Poor!
Phyxius said:
It could be any number of things a simple blood test could diagnose.

Has she checked his teeth? I can't believe a vet or farrier would see that horse and not comment. If I saw someone riding a horse that looked like that I'd probably pull them off and/or beat the crap out of them. That's just wrong.

:yeahthat:

MorganLover

Well i think we need more information on what this girl has done other then the feed he is on, and what ever small amount of information she did give. I notice when someone post's a message they don't think to add certain things. What has she had done too him for him did anyone ask her?? If so why didn't she respond herself (i noticed that you typed what someone else responded to you not even the owner?) She may be worming but he needs something stronger or done differently. you can also rec. Blue seal vintage senior too her. It is more expensive the the tripple crown but the pellets are a really nice size much bigger then that foods pellets. My mare b/c of her age drops a lot of those smaller pellets (vet said her teeth are fine, she is just sloppy,) so i changed to the blue seal vintage senior and she doesn't drop a piece of it. She can also soak those pellets so they are softer to chew and that food will get wheight on him quick (if it is just a food issue.) He may be dropping his weight b/c he is dropping his food b/c of teeth, but we don't know b/c she did not tell us what she has had checked. Right now it seems like she is just uneducated about horse health and her husband is as well if he rides that horse (but i have seen worse being ridden.) So i think if this owner gives more information reguarding him she could get better answers. IMO if her vet has not figured it out she needs to get a NEW VET. JMO of coarse.