Omicron Variant Hysteria

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Fox News Contributor Zeroes In on Everything You Need to Know About the Omicron Variant.

I know Katie and Rebecca have said it already, but everyone needs to take a chill pill about the new COVID variant, which is the very politically correct omicron strain…because Xi would be too offensive. No, seriously, the "experts" skipped that portion of the Greek alphabet to avoid ticking off the Chinese. It would seem this is the most pressing issue about the new variant because it's not deadlier. It might be more contagious, but there's really nothing to worry about. If anything, more contagious and less-lethal is what you want. How bad are the symptoms? No one has been hospitalized. No one. Everyone who has been infected with this strain has been able to recover from home. The symptoms are mild, and the South African doctor who discovered this strain even said that people shouldn't freak out.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
South African Medical Association Asserts Omicron Causes ‘Mild Disease’

However, such a mild assessment won’t sell vaccines nor allow public health bureaucrats to savor power, influence, and media attention. For example, Dr. Anthony Fauci made the rounds on the Sunday talk shows, hinting that lockdowns could be on the horizon.
Americans need to be prepared to do “anything and everything” to fight the omicron Covid variant, U.S. infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci said Sunday.
Still, it’s “too early to say” whether lockdowns or new mandates will be appropriate, Fauci said on ABC’s “This Week.”
…“Inevitably, it will be here. The question is will we be prepared for it? If and when, and it’s going to be when, it comes here hopefully we will be ready for it,” Fauci added.
Biden is doubling down on everything that has failed to contain the virus already: Vaccinations, booster shots, and wearing masks in public places.
“This variant is a cause for concern, not a cause for panic,” Biden said. “We have more tools to fight the variant than we have ever had before.”

TPD

the poor dad
Tucker reporting now that Biden May require everyone entering the US, including US citizens vaxxed or nor, to quarantine for 7 days. Border jumpers excluded of course.

TPD

the poor dad
A source reporting. More info coming Thursday when Biden speaks about more Covid restrictions.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Let's go Brandon! He ought to butt the **** out of our personal lives, the senile old bastard.

Hijinx

I was reading a story that said Omicron may even be good for you.
The body build immunity when you get Omicron and th immunity could stop some other virus.

Don't blame me I didn't write it I only read it.

Tech

I was reading a story that said Omicron may even be good for you.
The body build immunity when you get Omicron and th immunity could stop some other virus.

Don't blame me I didn't write it I only read it.
The true vax?

TPD

the poor dad
AP is reporting a vaccinated person in California has tested positive for Omnicron.
You are kidding right?! That can’t be so because last night all the MSM pundits told me I had to get vaxxed to avoid getting and spreading this new deadly variant!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I’m waiting for the Omega virus.

The one that will end it all.

GregV814

named after a small town in rural Tifton County Georgia??
Those darn cotton and "tater house" farmers.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I'd like to get a mild case from a variant like omicron and get my natural immunity strengthened against it. Hell, those in Africa that had it didn't even know they were sick.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
With Omicron Variant, Biden Plans to Extend This Predictable COVID Mandate Until Mid-March

With Omicron here in the United States, you bet this was going to happen. It allows the government to either extend or reimpose the very COVID protocols that didn’t work in the first place. Masks are the primary focal point here. Do masks work curbing COVID? On paper, yes—but only those wearing custom-fitted masks or N95s. The vast majority of us wore the China-made store-bought masks which do next to nothing. Dr. Anthony Fauci even admitted to that in his revealed emails earlier this year. It’s why California, which has a near-universal mask compliance rate had around one million new cases in six weeks around the Thanksgiving holiday last year. It’s become more of a participation trophy. It does nothing, but it looks good, and it keeps people in line, so the government keeps it around. Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg gave the game away on this when he refused to nix the mask mandate for air travel because it was out of respect. So, we’ve tossed the science out the window here?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It Seems Omicron Actually Has Been Around for a While

Kristian Andersen, an infectious disease researcher, estimates the virus emerged sometime way back in late September or early October, which suggests it is spreading very slowly.

McClatchy reported late Wednesday that “Even before omicron was first detected in South Africa, state and local labs were collecting the genetic sequences of 15,000 to 20,000 diagnostic tests each week, allowing scientists to keep track of what COVID-19 variants were circulating in communities across the country. Thousands more are collected by private labs and academic institutions.”

So omicron may have been around for a while. Yet as of Thursday, new COVID-19 cases in the United States are down the past fortnight and deaths are significantly down.

And while new cases are up more than 10% globally, deaths are down 2%.