On ATVs, Young Riders Find Peril

dustin

UAIOE
I'm not bashin you Unix... but Dang media always tryin to start something...She makes it sound like when people crash on them its a really bad thing that when it occurs is some life threatening injury. Granted a life threatening injury/death can happen... You go to ANY MX/ATV track for a day and you can count on your hands how many crashes they've had that day if youre watching. You wear your gear, you ride, you take the risks. It's part of it.

If parents were actually parenting the majority of these unsupervised accidents wouldnt happen.

sockgirl77

dustin said:
I'm not bashin you Unix... but Dang media always tryin to start something...She makes it sound like when people crash on them its a really bad thing that when it occurs is some life threatening injury. Granted a life threatening injury/death can happen... You go to ANY MX/ATV track for a day and you can count on your hands how many crashes they've had that day if youre watching. You wear your gear, you ride, you take the risks. It's part of it.

If parents were actually parenting the majority of these unsupervised accidents wouldnt happen.
http://www.somd.com/announcements/obituaries/ read the jimmy one. this is sad. my son won't be getting one!

Elle

Happy Camper!
"He was rolling," Sweeney said, really fast before he took the jump. "Maybe 20 or 30 miles per hour."

Cars had lined the road, ambulances came, and Brensinger's stepfather knelt by him, rubbing his head and talking to him.

I think the main problem is that these "kids" (yes the guys in the story were 18 but there are a lot younger) are most of the time out riding by themselves or with friends (that they are trying to impress) without proper protective gear on ATV's that are not the proper size:ohwell:

unixpirate

Pitty Party
dustin said:

No bashing taken D. I totally agree with you about the parenting issue. I have a 16 yr old that wanted one till one of his friends wrecked on his and broke his femur.
A little different story here. I wrecked my bike. Hit a Mercedes broadside. (he was charged for doing an illegal U turn). Broke my right femur, compound fracture. Split my full faced helmet. Split my chin open. Shattered my right knee cap. In traction for 2 months and then 4 months of therapy. That story is what convinced my son and he didn't want one anymore. #### happens and that is where the parent can't control the speed, daredevils etc..
:whistle: But a good ass whoopin' every once in a while helps.. :lmao: