On Duty - Blizzard and All

R

rhenderson

As you sit back watching the news, sports or whatever on TV or simply hunker down in your warm be tonight, remember and say a prayer of gratitude for the Army's Old Guard who are standing guard 24-7, 365 at the Tombs of the Unknowns.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I think the picture must have been trending, because it's all over FB, on the local news and I saw it on FNC, also. :yay:

Always there. :patriot:

BOP

Shout out to Fire/EMS and LEO's...lot's of folks making poor choices today.

I remember growing up in the Midwest, where there wasn't a lot to stop the wind from howling across the plains. This right here is pretty much how we spent the winters. We had wood-burning stoves, Kerosene for lights, and that's just what we did. No television, little to any radio. We had lines running between the farmhouse and the barn and out buildings, because livestock had to get fed and milked, and their stalls had to be mucked out. We kept the skip loader in the barn, where the body heat of the cows and the manure, as well as a little bit of heat kept it warm enough to start when we needed it. We went out when we had to, and we kept our asses indoors when we didn't have to be out.

Now we have internet, with cable, email, web-surfing, we have radio, television, CDs and tapes, DVDs...we have electricity, hot and cold running water, everything we need to keep ourselves amused, and I still hear tards, after less than 24 hours of blizzard-like conditions (you people really haven't seen blizzard yet), "I got cabin fever! I'll go crazy if I can't get out!" Go? Bubba, you done got there already.