On Happy Note, its people like.....

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
I havent read the article. But the same can be said about getting a child involved in almost anything.

Fishing, hunting, Football, if the parents take an active role in promoting the childs learning in what ever hobby. The child will feel the love that is present when the parent is spending time with the child and teaching the child.

So I am sure that is true with careing for horses also:yay:

devinej

totally agree with you doug. goes right along with stage 4 of Erikson's life stages...gaining competence and industry at a task. helps with finding one's identity.

fredsaid2

Absolutely agree w/ the idea of active involvement. I've been at every horse show, recital and game of my DD's. Not that every parent doesn't do the same. I don't know what the heck I'll do when she's off to college! Still there's something about working w/ animals for a kid, maybe the non-judgemental aspect you get from them. Whatever postive thing they get involved in - it's all good.

ElliesMom

My friend summed it up best for me, to us a horse is the cheapest psychologist. Mainly because of thier non judgemental attitude and they will come and listen to anything you hvae to complain about.

A horse is more than something to do, or a competition, for many people a horse is also a companion and a friend and a confidant. And to show that to people or kids, if they can glimpse that bond its wonderful.

Thank you guys, I am sure whats going to be a hard bleak winter for many horses, we can at least remember the good things too, other than neglect.

Last edited: