On the lookout for ...

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
old barnwood. Looking for 550-600 sqft to clad my garage walls. I have no problem with coming on site to tear out/down a structure or if you are re-siding I could help you get rid of some of the scrap.

It's either going to be barnwood or pallet wood, I'd rather have barn wood TBH.

Last edited:
That will look nice. A big trend these days is shiplap, but it doesn't have the 'old' weathered look to it.

kom526

My goal is to get my garage to look something like a google image of 'garage organization and storage' vs. a google image of 'WTF? This is a garage?' I have 1 exposed wall on the short end and 3/4 of the back wall is exposed. Totally looks half done but when building, we put our money elsewhere for upgrades.

General Lee

I want to do the same with my garage. Barn wood is hard to come by these days. Maybe you and I will be fightin for pallets one day :lmao:

kom526

I want to do the same with my garage. Barn wood is hard to come by these days. Maybe you and I will be fightin for pallets one day :lmao:
I can get pallets all day every day for free but it's the deconstruction of the pallets that puts me off. I'd rather help tear down an old barn then salvage pallet wood. A co worker of mine did his garage in pallet wood and it does look really damned nice.

General Lee

I can get pallets all day every day for free but it's the deconstruction of the pallets that puts me off. I'd rather help tear down an old barn then salvage pallet wood. A co worker of mine did his garage in pallet wood and it does look really damned nice.

You may or may not know.......there is a pallet "pry bar" tool that makes things a little easier. I'll be getting one. Also be careful of the source of pallets. Some, the wood is toxic.

stgislander

PREMO Member
My goal is to get my garage to look something like a google image of 'garage organization and storage' vs. a google image of 'WTF? This is a garage?' I have 1 exposed wall on the short end and 3/4 of the back wall is exposed. Totally looks half done but when building, we put our money elsewhere for upgrades.
View attachment 144495
I'm having a Fixer Upper "Shiplap" moment.

kom526

You may or may not know.......there is a pallet "pry bar" tool that makes things a little easier. I'll be getting one. Also be careful of the source of pallets. Some, the wood is toxic.
If going with pallets they need to be stamped with HT for heat treated. The pry bar would definitely go in my arsenal if I go pallet.

PeoplesElbow

You also never know what has been spilled on a pallet.

I've gotten some nice tropic hardwood from pallets, but I only use it for outdoor stuff and wear a respirator when cutting and planning it.

RPMDAD

old barnwood. Looking for 550-600 sqft to clad my garage walls. I have no problem with coming on site to tear out/down a structure or if you are re-siding I could help you get rid of some of the scrap.

It's either going to be barnwood or pallet wood, I'd rather have barn wood TBH.
The guy who owns the barn in Calvert County by the generator company on rte. 4 also know nas the flag barn is selling barn wood. $3.00 per board foot

kom526

The guy who owns the barn in Calvert County by the generator company on rte. 4 also know nas the flag barn is selling barn wood. $3.00 per board foot
Which area of Calvert?

Checking FB marketplace too. I need to get back to the guy in M'ville, he's $5 bdft. I'mma need close to 500 sq ft. #chinesealgebra

PeoplesElbow

You can get brick-look-alike paneling at Lowes for about $20/4x8 sheet. Looks awesome. :yay:
I put the cheapest paneling Lowes sells up in my garage, the crap is more like paper than paneling. Does a great job of keeping the insulation frrom falling down though.

RPMDAD

Which area of Calvert?

Checking FB marketplace too. I need to get back to the guy in M'ville, he's $5 bdft. I'mma need close to 500 sq ft. #chinesealgebra
Its right on rte 4 NB just before Kellys generator its north of Huntingtown the area may be Owings