Once again anonymous sources influence civil rights

Spitfire

Greetings:

Why would anyone care? Form the group you want to form. Part of the conservative/libertarian/individualist ethos is to do what you want to and not need "approval" from an authority. In other words, freedom of association, the ultimate individual liberty. The only "power" this student has over this group is the power the group lets them have.

From the organizations website (tpusa.com), bullet point one of their mission statement:

"Educate students about the importance of fiscal responsibility, limited government, and free markets:

For an organization that is espousing "limited government" (their words), it's awfully bizarre to be asking your student government for permission to engage in freedom of association.

Want to form a group? Form your dadgum group and quit being such a bunch of snowflake milquetoasts.

I think they are little more than a bunch of attention whores.

limblips

PREMO Member
Greetings:

Why would anyone care? Form the group you want to form. Part of the conservative/libertarian/individualist ethos is to do what you want to and not need "approval" from an authority. In other words, freedom of association, the ultimate individual liberty. The only "power" this student has over this group is the power the group lets them have.

From the organizations website (tpusa.com), bullet point one of their mission statement:

"Educate students about the importance of fiscal responsibility, limited government, and free markets:

For an organization that is espousing "limited government" (their words), it's awfully bizarre to be asking your student government for permission to engage in freedom of association.

Want to form a group? Form your dadgum group and quit being such a bunch of snowflake milquetoasts.

I think they are little more than a bunch of attention whores.
Excellent point! Eliminate ALL organizations on All campuses! Coe College has many organizations such as Coe College Democrats, CoeVotes, Muslim Student Association, Model United Nations and a number of others yet they deny Turning Point USA. Not unexpected in the liberal Edens of Academia but most likely illegal none the less.

Reactions: BOP

Spitfire

Excellent point! Eliminate ALL organizations on All campuses! Coe College has many organizations such as Coe College Democrats, CoeVotes, Muslim Student Association, Model United Nations and a number of others yet they deny Turning Point USA. Not unexpected in the liberal Edens of Academia but most likely illegal none the less.

Greetings:

Illegal? What law was violated here? The intergalactic law against hurting the fee fees of snowflake college students?

LOL

transporter

The only free thing we don't want is free speech from the right! I predict this is headed to the courts quickly and the school will lose.

Aww...look at the poor little right wing Trumpanzee getting his feels all hurt because the student Senate of some little school no one has ever heard of "reportedly" denied "officially recognized" status to a right wing indoctrination outfit.

Turning Point USA
is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 2012 by Charlie Kirk. The organization’s mission is to identify, educate, train, and organize students to promote the principles of fiscal responsibility, free markets, and limited government.

https://www.tpusa.com/

Listening to the interview it sounds like the TP didn't bother to follow the rules of application...when asked why they were denied the response was "It was procedural"...that means they didn't follow the rules.

Didn't bother to look up what an "Officially recognized" organization is did you Limpwrist? Don't have a clue what it means do you? You just bleated your outrage like a good little Fox "soldier". https://www.coe.edu/download_file/view/5861/2157 Article IX beginning on pg 12

Spitfire

Aww...look at the poor little right wing Trumpanzee getting his feels all hurt because the student Senate of some little school no one has ever heard of "reportedly" denied "officially recognized" status to a right wing indoctrination outfit.

https://www.tpusa.com/

Listening to the interview it sounds like the TP didn't bother to follow the rules of application...when asked why they were denied the response was "It was procedural"...that means they didn't follow the rules.

Didn't bother to look up what an "Officially recognized" organization is did you Limpwrist? Don't have a clue what it means do you? You just bleated your outrage like a good little Fox "soldier". https://www.coe.edu/download_file/view/5861/2157 Article IX beginning on pg 12

Greetings:

If they weren’t playing the victim, they wouldn’t be playing at all.

limblips

PREMO Member
WTF does this have to do with approving the organization? The entire article you quoted was about funding for APPROVED organizations! Try again loser. God you are stunningly stupid but, like a monkey with a football, a lot of fun to watch.

limblips

PREMO Member
Greetings:

Illegal? What law was violated here? The intergalactic law against hurting the fee fees of snowflake college students?

LOL
Read my statement again with focus on comprehension. I said likely illegal because, you know, you can't discriminate nor can you squelch free speech whether you agree with it or not. I doubt this issue would pass the litmus test. Now go back to playing with tranny in its basement.

Spitfire

Read my statement again with focus on comprehension. I said likely illegal because, you know, you can't discriminate nor can you squelch free speech whether you agree with it or not. I doubt this issue would pass the litmus test. Now go back to playing with tranny in its basement.

Greetings:

Pretty sure private organizations can do whatever the hell they please cupcake.

Smokey1

Coe College is Private. It's not clear how much, if any, federal funding is given to the school.

However, I don't believe political party is a protected status.

Can a private restaurant racially discriminate?

Who is claiming a protected class? Do you have to be in a "protected class" to have 1st amendment rights?