One America News

grandpa

A friend told me about this site. Very right oriented , but says stuff the others don't.
What do yo think ?

Are you asking about this site? Or forgot to post the link to somewhere else?

If it's this site, you've been around since 2002, so you know the score.... :winkwink:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Are you asking about this site? Or forgot to post the link to somewhere else?

If it's this site, you've been around since 2002, so you know the score.... :winkwink:

Why be mean to grandpa? I have seen many members, during my time here, that don’t post links. It is not hard to do a search, if one is truly interested in the topic...just sayin’.

BOP

Why be mean to grandpa? I have seen many members, during my time here, that don’t post links. It is not hard to do a search, if one is truly interested in the topic...just sayin’.
It's for the readers' convenience, really. To me, it shows consideration.

Auntie Biache'

I like "Tipping Point" with Liz Wheeler. I've caught a few other things, but don't really follow. Yes, it leans right.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Run by the right, OAN is the best news channel you're not watching
https://www.nydailynews.com/don-kaplan-staff.html

There are no "mainstream media" liberals pulling the strings behind OAN, the 3-year-old digital channel available in about 15 million homes. And it's by far one of the most fair news outlets around, serving up a daily diet of ad-free, non-ideological, nonstop news — without smirking, snarky anchors or much fanfare.

In terms of balanced content, it leaves Fox News Channel, MSNBC and CNN in the dust.
It's about time someone filled the void. Most cable news now more closely resembles talk radio.

OAN, which stands for One America News Network (there's no second "N" in the logo), is actually beating Fox News sibling Fox Business in the cut-throat ratings race, according to Rentrak, which measures viewers differently than its rival, Nielsen.

Chris0nllyn

non-ideological,

In terms of balanced content, it leaves Fox News Channel, MSNBC and CNN in the dust.

Come on.

It's owned by Herring Networks Inc. which is owned by Republican donor Robert Herring Sr.

“According to internal emails, Herring has directed his channel to push Trump’s candidacy, scuttle stories about police shootings, encourage antiabortion stories, minimize coverage of Russian aggression, and steer away from the new president’s troubles, according to more than a dozen current and former producers, writers and anchors, as well as internal emails from Herring and his top news executives.”

If you want non-biased or non-ideological news sources, OANN is not your answer. If you're lookign for a Trump echo-chamber with little regard for facts and truth, OANN might be for you.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It's owned by Herring Networks Inc. which is owned by Republican donor Robert Herring Sr.

Your Point was what ?

If you want non-biased or non-ideological news sources, OANN is not your answer.

Yeah Ok Ny Daily New is some sort of Rightwing News Outlet :killingme

If you're looking for a Trump echo-chamber with little regard for facts and truth, OANN might be for you.

Yeah Sure Ok ... speaking of Echo Chambers

Palmer Report exclusive: “Media Bias Fact Check” is a malicious scam site

Amid the growing concern about the veracity of online news outlets, various internet users have begun to scrutinize what they read. And that’s a good thing. But that fear has also created an opportunity for scam artists to maliciously sow confusion for their own personal agenda or amusement. Perhaps the most jarring instance of these scams is a site called “Media Bias Fact Check” which turns out to be just one guy making up whatever he feels like about news outlets, based on what he admits is his personal opinion, while typically providing no evidence – and then altering the ratings of news outlets who point out his scam.

One look at the “Media Bias Fact Check” website reveals it to be something that looks like it was created in 1995. Despite claiming in its tag line to be “The most comprehensive media bias resource,” the site turns out to simply be one guy named Dave Van Zandt who posts whatever he feels like. He claims to use a “strict methodology” for assigning bias ratings to various news outlets, but his “ratings” typically read like the gibberish one might find in an unmoderated comment section in the lowest corners of the internet.

For instance, his rating for Cosmopolitan Magazine consists of “Cosmopolitan is an international fashion magazine for women and has a circulation of over 3 million. (Wikipedia) Cosmo’s primary focus is on fashion, sex and relationship tips, but they also cover politics. Cosmo has a strong left wing bias in reporting and story selection. Though biased, Cosmo usual published sourced information.” That last sentence is so grammatically mangled, we’re not even sure what it means. Even more absurdly, he’s quoting Wikipedia as his sole source of information.

FACT CHECK Organizations – Liberal, Biased and Comical

A new and improved Fact checking – media bias – organization is making its way around the world of news – creatively calling themselves ‘media bias fact check’. Organized in 2015, their tag line is ‘the most comprehensive media bias resource’. The founder/editor Dave Van Zandt states that he uses volunteers to do his bidding and that he has a degree in communications. Some of his fact checking point pieces link back to PolitiFact, another fact checking media bias organization. Many, if not most, of these unbiased unaffiliated fact check checkers are hugely biased and left leaning and are promoted by Facebook as the real deal.

Can you trust what "Media Bias/Fact Check" says about PolitiFact? (Updated)

Media Bias/Fact Check bills itself as "The most comprehensive media bias resource." It's run by Dave Van Zandt, making it fair to say it's run by "some guy" ("Dave studied Communications in college" is his main claim to expertise).

We have nothing against "some guy" possessing expertise despite a lack of qualifications, of course. One doesn't need a degree or awards (or audience) to be right about stuff. But is Van Zandt and his Media Bias/Fact Check right about PolitiFact?

Media Bias/Fact Check rates PolitiFact as a "Least-biased" source of information. How does MB/FC reach that conclusion? The website has a "Methodology" page describing its methods:
The method for (rating bias) is determined by ranking bias in four different categories. In each category the source is rated on a 0-10 scale, with 0 meaning without bias and 10 being the maximum bias(worst). These four numbers are then added up and divided by 4. This 0-10 number is then placed on the line according to their Left or Right bias.

Here's more of Van Zandt's rating of PolitiFact.
Factual Reporting: VERY HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 43/180

Notes: PolitiFact.com is a project operated by the Tampa Bay Times, in which reporters and editors from the Times and affiliated media outlets “fact-check statements by members of Congress, the White House, lobbyists and interest groups”. They publish original statements and their evaluations on the PolitiFact.com website, and assign each a “Truth-O-Meter” rating. The ratings range from “True” for completely accurate statements to “Pants on Fire” (from the taunt “Liar, liar, pants on fire”) for false and ridiculous claims. Politifact has been called left biased by Extreme right wing and questionable sources. Our research indicates that Poltifact [sic] is an accurate fact checker and is considered the gold standard for political fact checking. (7/10/2016)

Source: http://www.politifact.com/

PHONY BALONEY: THE 9 FAKEST FAKE-NEWS CHECKERS

But on the heels of media hysteria over the trend, now it seems everyone claims to be a foremost expert on the topic of spotting “fake news.”

“Trust us,” they say.

“We’ll help you navigate Facebook and filter out the fake news stories,” they promise.

But just who are these self-appointed gatekeepers who claim to be the ultimate arbiters of what is or is not “fake news”?

WND found “fact-checker” sites run by:

• A gamer.
  • A leftist, Trump-hating, feminist professor who specializes in “fat studies.”
  • A sex-and-fetish blogger.
  • A health-industry worker.
  • Organizations with billionaire Democratic Party activists and donors.
  • And another guy who went to extreme lengths to conceal his identity.
But most of the self-appointed “fact-checker” sites had one thing in common: President Trump – and the news sites that dare to give him a fair shake – are overwhelmingly their favorite targets.

Media Bias Fact Check

MediaBIasFactCheck.com describes itself as “the most comprehensive media bias resource in the Internet.” The site is owned by Dave Van Zandt from North Carolina, who offers no biographical information about himself aside from the following: “Dave has been freelancing for 25+ years for a variety of print and web mediums (sic), with a focus on media bias and the role of media in politics. Dave is a registered Non-Affiliated voter who values evidence based reporting” and, “Dave Van Zandt obtained a Communications Degree before pursuing a higher degree in the sciences. Dave currently works full time in the health care industry. Dave has spent more than 20 years as an arm chair researcher on media bias and its role in political influence.”

WND was unable to locate a single article with Van Zandt’s byline. Ironically, the “fact checker” fails to establish his own credibility by disclosing his qualifications and training in evaluating news sources.

Asked for information concerning his expertise in the field of journalism and evaluating news sources, Van Zandt told WND: “I am not a journalist and just a person who is interested in how media bias impacts politics. You will find zero claims of expertise on the website.”

Concerning his purported “25+ years” of experience writing for print and web media, he said: “I am not sure why the 25+ years is still on the website. That was removed a year ago when I first started the website. All of the writing I did was small print news zines from the ’90s. I felt that what I wrote in the ’90s is not related to what I am doing today so I removed it. Again, I am not a journalist. I simply have a background in communications and more importantly science where I learned to value evidence over all else. Through this I also became interested in research of all kinds, especially media bias, which is difficult to measure and is subjective to a degree.”

WND asked: Were your evaluations reviewed by any experts in the industry?

“I can’t say they have,” Van Zandt replied. “Though the right-of-center Atlantic Council is using our data for a project they are working on.”

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

Your Point was what ?

Yeah Ok Ny Daily New is some sort of Rightwing News Outlet :killingme

Yeah Sure Ok ... speaking of Echo Chambers

The point was clear. OANN is biased. There's nothing wrong with that, but don't make it seem like it's not.

This isn't about NY Daily News.

Perhaps you should have pointed out how bad that site was when Vrai said it's a great site.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The point was clear. OANN is biased. There's nothing wrong with that, but don't make it seem like it's not.

that YOUR Opinion and the questionable judgement of your media fact checking site

Just because the Owner is a Republican does not make the news biased ....
I really don't have a dog in this fight I have no knowledge of OANN nor do I visit this site

This isn't about NY Daily News.

sure it is ... it goes to your argument of bias ... The headline even says

Perhaps you should have pointed out how bad that site was when Vrai said it's a great site.

where did I say OANN is good or bad ?

Chris0nllyn

that YOUR Opinion and the questionable judgement of your media fact checking site

Just because the Owner is a Republican does not make the news biased ....
I really don't have a dog in this fight I have no knowledge of OANN nor do I visit this site

sure it is ... it goes to your argument of bias ... The headline even says

where did I say OANN is good or bad ?

Yes, it is my opinion. Good job. My opinion is that they routinely post right-wing stories and conspiracies. Anyone can go see for themselves.

You posted a story about their TV station while this thread is about their website. So there's that.

I never said anything about "good or bad", just challenging the idea that it's not biased. That's ridiculous. The owner even said he wants the TV station to be opposite of liberal news media.