One Injured in Ore. School Shooting

BOHDEN

i know it can happen anywhere. But it is happening to much in schools now. this world is going CRAZY! where are the parents. im telling you when my boys went to school, i knew what was in the book bag, and in their pockets.!

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
I taught my kids about gun safety. I also taught them for their own safety :buttswatting:, they better not mess with my guns.

meangirl

Nice lady!
2ndAmendment said:
I taught my kids about gun safety. I also taught them for their own safety :buttswatting:, they better not mess with my guns.
Nowadays kids also need to be taught not to relentlessly tease other kids. Everytime this happens you later read that the victim had bullied or teased the shooter. Not that the shooter has any right, no matter what, to shoot but it does happen.

The shooter may be a psycho but I'd rather my kid not be the dead one.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
meangirl said:
Nowadays kids also need to be taught not to relentlessly tease other kids. Everytime this happens you later read that the victim had bullied or teased the shooter. Not that the shooter has any right, no matter what, to shoot but it does happen.

Parents are afraid to parent. Correction is part of parenting. Some kids need a good butt whooping. It is the only way to get their attention. Dr. Spock was one of the worst things to happen to parents.Right. Wrong. Personal responsibility and personal accountability. If parents don't do it, it won't get done. The schools can't; they are afraid of getting sued. And parents are afraid of Social Services. And Social Services and other do gooders wonder why kids are running amok.

meangirl

Nice lady!
2ndAmendment said:
Parents are afraid to parent. Correction is part of parenting. Some kids need a good butt whooping. It is the only way to get their attention. Dr. Spock was one of the worst things to happen to parents.Right. Wrong. Personal responsibility and personal accountability. If parents don't do it, it won't get done. The schools can't; they are afraid of getting sued. And parents are afraid of Social Services. And Social Services and other do gooders wonder why kids are running amok.
I agree with you completely. :yay:

Pete

Repete
meangirl said:

What would also help is if we stopped being hand wringing politically correct mamby pambies and butting in and thwarting the natural social order of things so kids can learn conflict resolution so they don't go and find a gun.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Pete said:
What would also help is if we stopped being hand wringing politically correct mamby pambies and butting in and thwarting the natural social order of things so kids can learn conflict resolution so they don't go and find a gun.
Agreed. Let them duke it out.