One More Hurricane

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
576acf56a2c75.image.png

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
We just put safety straps on the carport and raised the boat up a couple extra feet on the lift. Beer stocks checked. Generators have gasoline.

Good to go.
I don't have a way to tie the carport down, unless I drive stakes into the asphalt. But it's been up and survived every storm since 2005, so, now that I said that, this will be the storm it gets destroyed.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I don't have a way to tie the carport down, unless I drive stakes into the asphalt. But it's been up and survived every storm since 2005, so, now that I said that, this will be the storm it gets destroyed.
Ours is getting pretty rusty...need to replace the whole thing. With 100% galvanized one this time.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Ours is getting pretty rusty...need to replace the whole thing. With 100% galvanized one this time.
I got mine from WalMart, made by Panther. Uses 2" round supports rather than smaller, thinner square supports, galvanized. After all this time, virtually no rust.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I got mine from WalMart, made by Panther. Uses 2" round supports rather than smaller, thinner square supports, galvanized. After all this time, virtually no rust.
Don't know what I was thinking at the time....buying one with painted steel frame to install in a spot that routinely exposed to salt air and even salt spray.. :doh:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Don't know what I was thinking at the time....buying one with painted steel frame to install in a spot that routinely exposed to salt air and even salt spray.. :doh:
You were young and stupid and that was an eternity ago and you're older and wiser now?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Well...that was a real yawner. Got plenty of rain....no wind to speak of, very little tidal surge, and no it's about outa here.

Shoot. What am I gonna do with all the extra beer I stocked?