One More Hurricane

Justin suspects this weather pattern will continue through the winter.... anybody from around Southern Maryland knows what happens in the winter when the storm comes at us from the south.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I will truly be glad when this year is over. With the covid, heat/humidity, unusually heavy rains, and the mosquitoes that the wetness brought this year, I'm hoping my neighborhood has drought conditions for the next 10 years.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
One of my best friends lives in P'cola and of course he got hit a couple of weeks ago so he is uptight about this one. He is in the cone, but on the eastern edge, whereas we look to be directly in the track of the remnants. Just click on @Sneakers link and toggle the [Forecast Track Line] and the [Full Forecast]. I know I'm excited about the prospect of more rain on Halloween weekend!

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Track hasn't changed at all, but wind speed predictions for this area are increasing a bit, strong gale force, 40-50% chance of tropical storm winds. With the ground as saturated as it is, downed trees are a good possibility.

Topped up my gas cans for the genny tonight.

PJay

People have to be told not to run a generator in their house? :twitch:

News keeps repeating this.....

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
People have to be told not to run a generator in their house? :twitch:

News keeps repeating this.....
Some people are not very bright. There's almost always a news report of someone getting ill or dying from doing this every time the power goes out.

kom526

High tide in Coltons Point today ... 1432. According to the weather radar, that's will be close the passing of the first big band. Good luck to @Gilligan & @stgislander it might get a little hairy.

8 years ago today we were hit by our portion of what became/was Super Storm Sandy.

kom526

My S.W.A.G. has it probably getting real high around 1300 or so and lasting until 1400 or so. The wind is coming out a bad direction for our side of the county.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
High tide in Coltons Point today ... 1432. According to the weather radar, that's will be close the passing of the first big band. Good luck to @Gilligan & @stgislander it might get a little hairy.

8 years ago today we were hit by our portion of what became/was Super Storm Sandy.

I went poking around to see if I could find a NOAA surge prediction for us yet. High tide here on the island is 1354 and that coincides with the predicted wind arrival time.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
The wind is the real issue. One report, which I'm taking wiht a grain of salt, says 50mph gusts, 35 sustained. And like you said, the direction is not good.

It's very still here right now. "The calm before the storm."

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The wind is the real issue. One report, which I'm taking wiht a grain of salt, says 50mph gusts, 35 sustained. And like you said, the direction is not good.

It's very still here right now. "The calm before the storm."
Friends of mine that live in north Georgia posted about an hour ago that they were getting hammered and their power was out.