One of my new favorites

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Sounds a lot like Queen in some places and has a strong Irish sound to it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I like it too, and I also made the 'Queen' connection for style.

How? Where? There's none of the musicianship of Queen. None of the dramatic flair of the Queen 'style' and I heard not one note of electric guitar.

Not trying to be a dick. Point me to a passage, a point in time, that sounds like Queen.

NextJen

Raisin cane
How? Where? There's none of the musicianship of Queen. None of the dramatic flair of the Queen 'style' and I heard not one note of electric guitar.

Not trying to be a dick. Point me to a passage, a point in time, that sounds like Queen.

Ok, I'm not a musician, not musically trained in the least, but I do like music...and of different genres.

The connection I personally make to Queen is how this song goes through several 'changes'. I'm not sure what you would call it musically. Kind of like how Bohemian Rhapsody goes through changes or tempos through the song. Not sure if that make sense.

And, I don't consider asking a question for clarification being a dick. Hope my response makes sense.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok, I'm not a musician, not musically trained in the least, but I do like music...and of different genres.

The connection I personally make to Queen is how this song goes through several 'changes'. I'm not sure what you would call it musically. Kind of like how Bohemian Rhapsody goes through changes or tempos through the song. Not sure if that make sense.

And, I don't consider asking a question for clarification being a dick. Hope my response makes sense.

Well, the truth is, I am a dick or, at least can be one. :diva:

In any event, I ain't no musician 'nither; just curious about the connection and I get your point. That's a good illustration, the change in tempo.

I still ain't Queen-esque to me based on what is going on in the changes but, now I get it. If THAT makes sense. :lol:

:buddies:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Funny you should ask. I was at my watering hole not too long ago and a friend played this song on the jukebox. I didn't know who it was or the name of the song, so I just said to her, they band that sounded kinda like Queen. I think their lead singer sounds a bit like Freddy Mercury. :lol:

NextJen

Raisin cane

In any event, I ain't no musician 'nither; just curious about the connection and I get your point. That's a good illustration, the change in tempo.

I still ain't Queen-esque to me based on what is going on in the changes but, now I get it. If THAT makes sense. :lol:

Now I'm thinking about a song I heard some time ago that really sounded like Queen to me. Ugghhhh. It's driving me nuts. It was about dreaming, or tranquility...lucid....something....

Well, it will drive me nuts for awhile. :banghead:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Now I'm thinking about a song I heard some time ago that really sounded like Queen to me. Ugghhhh. It's driving me nuts. It was about dreaming, or tranquility...lucid....something....

Well, it will drive me nuts for awhile. :banghead:

This one?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Exactly!

My bad...(I need more coffee). They have 'Queen' in their name. I'm listening to them now. They remind me of Pink Floyd a bit.

(maybe I should quit now)

Now, we're on the same page; Silent Lucidity has some clear references to Floyd. That's what I meant about the OP's song; while there are some structural similarities with Queen, change of pace, the 'connection' ain't there like it is, to me, in this song.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

I thought that the lead sounded a lot like Freddy Mercury and the way the band harmonized through it, but what do I know I thought I heard bag pipes in there and couldn't pick out where.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I thought that the lead sounded a lot like Freddy Mercury and the way the band harmonized through it, but what do I know I thought I heard bag pipes in there and couldn't pick out where.

I apologize if I ruined it for you but, I heard Simon and Garfunkel. Was not meant as a knock at all.

PS: No one sounds like Freddy!