One of the things that annoys me the most...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
People are all over fakebook going, "Stay home! Stay home! Why won't everybody just stay home??? :jameo: "

Because they won't, that's why.

You're not going to get 100% nationwide compliance no matter how many memes you post.

So now what?

Anything?

Or are they just enjoying their moment in the virtue-signaling sun and I should butt the **** out?

• Haha
Reactions: BOP

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
THEN: Trump has dictatorial tendencies, he will restrict our freedoms!

NOW: Why won't Trump restrict our free movement? Lock us down!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
THEN: Trump has dictatorial tendencies, he will restrict our freedoms!

NOW: Why won't Trump restrict our free movement? Lock us down!

Which is why you don't give in to tantruming children. They're not expressing wants, they're just having an unreasonable fit.

I liken the "WHY!! won't everyone just stay home???" people to my friend's then 2 year old son who pitched a fit because his snow boots were green instead of red.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I liken the "WHY!! won't everyone just stay home???" people to my friend's then 2 year old son who pitched a fit because his snow boots were green instead of red.

A couple generations ago he'd have gotten the reply "Why don't I take off my belt and turn your ass red?" and the tantrum would be over. :lmao:

Hijinx

I don't go as much as I used to but life does not stop. I put my garden i I need fertolizer and seed I go get it.
I need something at the store--I go get it.
There isn't much else to do anyway with everything closed down.

But if I need something??? I go get it.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I don't go as much as I used to but life does not stop. I put my garden i I need fertolizer and seed I go get it.
I need something at the store--I go get it.
There isn't much else to do anyway with everything closed down.

But if I need something??? I go get it.
Why do I picture Forrest Gump talking to the old lady about him running when I read this? :lol:

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
You're not going to get 100% nationwide compliance no matter how many memes you post.
I was going to write a whole post on this and what it means (under the title, "What Should (S)He Do?"), but after the first draft it really could be boiled down and summarized in just what you wrote.

We are NEVER going to get 100% containment and that means there WILL BE some reservoir for this virus to vector from again in the future (the homeless immediately comes to mind, as does the reservoir created by migration of the virus to the Southern Hemisphere as those folks head into winter).

As such, everything we do, re: COVID-19, should be viewed through the lens of event mitigation and economic recovery (in the short-term) and vaccines (hopefully; in the long-term as the SARS-Cov-2 is now here to stay). Yes, Andrew, even if it means putting folks like your dearly beloved Matilda at risk. That's what adults do; make hard choices.

Again, I say this as someone who's in several of the high-risk categories. We CAN NOT let the cure be worse than the problem. Because one doesn't save a village by destroying it (screwy Vietnam strategy mindset reference). I thought we learned that lesson....

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:
I repost memes because I find them informative or most often times amusing.

I dont read other people stuff looking for guidance, acceptance or direction so I certainly wouldn't expect anyone else to take mine too seriously.

Reactions: BOP

GregV814

People are all over fakebook going, "Stay home! Stay home! Why won't everybody just stay home??? :jameo: "

So now what?

Anything?

Or are they just enjoying their moment in the virtue-signaling sun and I should butt the **** out?
Here’s a reason, the tri-county has a lot of people. Young, old, legally here, otherwise.... does anyone here know anyone with the confirmed virus??? A relative?? A third cousins neighbors arborist???
No.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Here’s a reason, the tri-county has a lot of people. Young, old, legally here, otherwise.... does anyone here know anyone with the confirmed virus??? A relative?? A third cousins neighbors arborist???
No.
Yes, I do.

He does not live here in MD, but he has been here at my place of employment because he is a consultant of ours. (it's been over a month ago that he was here, and we are not in the "exposure window". But here is someone from Dunkirk who posted publicly on his FB page - I don't know if anyone not on FB can see this, so I will excerpt his post here. (I do not know him -I think his post was "public".)

March 27 at 9:17 PM ·

Hi Everyone,
First of all, I want to thank everyone for the thoughts, prayers, well wishes and gestures of kindness. They have warmed my heart more than you'll ever know.

I wanted to give a daily outline of my personal experience with the coronavirus. Both Paige and I have been asked questions about my story so I felt that if I shared it, then it would help answer some of those questions. I'm not posting this for sympathy or comments but for knowledge. Please feel free to share this and ask me or Paige any further questions.

Hopefully, I continue to improve daily but since no one knows what will happen, I have been told by the doctors that I should expect the worst but hope for the best. So here's hoping!

Wednesday 3/18 - Not sleeping. Not a lot of energy. Headache. No fever.

Thursday 3/19 - Not sleeping. Less energy. Dry cough started late in the evening. Shortness of breath. Headache. No fever.

Friday 3/20 - Not sleeping. No energy. No appetite. Unable to catch my breath at all. Dry cough. Headache. No fever. Called nurse line and they recomended going to ER. The ER checked me in (with no fever) around 6pm. Tested for everything under the sun including Covid19. They did a chest xray as well, which showed bilateral lower lobe pneumonia. By 8pm I had a temp of 103.5. I was admitted to the hospital and they started me on IV antibiotics after bloodwork showed some kind of infection. They gave me Tylenol for my headache. They would not give me Advil or Motrin until they heard back from the corona test, because they believe that Advil/Motrin fuels the virus. All I mostly remember is being unable to catch my breath. I was never ventilated Friday night.

Saturday 3/21 - The day is mostly a blur. I still could not breathe. My fever from the night before was gone. No appetite. All I could do is lay still and concentrate on taking the shortest breaths possible so I wouldn't start coughing and lose my breath. At 6:30, I received the call I will never forget for the rest of my life. Less than 24 hours after being tested, I received a call from the Calvert County Health Dept that I was positive for Coronavirus. As bad as that call was, I had to make the worst call of my life. I had to call my wife and let her know I tested positive for Coronavirus. We cried for a few minutes together and then I had to hang up because I couldn't catch my breath. From 6:30 for the next 6 hours, I saw no one. I was alone with my thoughts. No family, no doctors, no nurses. My IVs were empty and the alarms beeped as the hospital figured out what their next steps were as they waited for special gowns and other gear. I was only the 2nd confirmed case in the county.

Sunday 3/22 - This day was also pretty much a blur. No fever. Still had the dry cough. My headache turned into a migraine and affected my head, neck and shoulders for about 24 hours. After the Covid-19 diagnosis, all antiobiotics and treatments were stopped except for cough pearls and Tylenol for my headache. All day, I either slept or tried to lay as still as possible in a dark room to control my breathing. I still had no appetite. The hospital's goal was to have my breathing under control enough to send me home.

Monday 3/23 - No fever. No appetite. Still a dry cough. Had a chest xray done, which was be compared to Friday's xray. While there was no sign of improvement on the xray, there was no worsening either. At this point, the doctors determined that I could continue to fight this while in isolation at home. The nurses and Health Dept coordinated with Paige for her to leave quarantine to pick me up. She pulled up to the ER entrance and a nurse brought me to Paige's car. Paige never even got out of her car when she picked me up. We left and came straight home. It was the hardest walk of my life from the car, into the house and down a flight of steps to the basement. Paige and the boys had set up the basement for my isolation. Seeing the fear in my son's faces as they watched me struggle for every breath will stay with me forever. Paige sent them back upstairs and she finished getting me settled. It felt like forever until my breathing calmed enough for me to sleep.

Tuesday 3/24 - No fever. No appetite. Slight headache. Dry cough any time I moved the slightest. Walking the 10 steps to the bathroom was exhausting. My breathing was about the same. I could not take a deep breath without coughing. I could barely finish a full sentence before coughing uncontrollably.

Wednesday 3/25 - No fever. Slight headache. Cough is improving but still present. This is the first day I can feel the improvement in my breathing - it's only a slight improvement but still an improvement. I drank an entire protein shake for lunch - the first food I felt like eating in days. I had half of a small bowl of pasta and chicken for dinner.

Thursday 3/26 - No fever. No appetite until late in the day. Major headache. My breathing has slightly improved. Today is the most exhausted I have been since Monday. I slept close to 20 hours. I was up long enough to weigh myself and see that I had lost 40 lbs in one week. I had a pb&j for dinner.

Friday 3/27 - Here we are today. No fever. Slight headache still. Cough still around but getting better. I can have a conversation and not cough my way through it. I can walk to the bathroom and back and while tiring, is not exhausting anymore. I ate all of my lunch and dinner for the first time this week.

We'll see how the next days go. I can only hope to continue improving. Thanks again for all your love and support.

8 days of not being able to catch your breath because your lungs are covered in goop. No treatment yet to help fix it. Only your body's immune system to fight it off. That is why this is scarier than the flu. Can't take a full breath. That is frightening to me.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Okay, I retract my comments. Continue to run around in circles like it’s 1964 in 4th grade.
No one is running around in circles. I'm personally only taking the steps recommended to reduce my exposure to this - JUST as I would any other cold and flu virus Possibly, a little more proactive and vigorously, because you never know.

I am the primary caregiver for an adult son with disabilities, whose DDA licensed "Service Provider" has shut down all services. He has no on else to take care of him if something happens to he OR I. His FF/EMS brother does not live here and is working non-stop and his father lives in FL.

There's no one else.

It makes no freaking sense for me to 100% gaff this off as BS. I need to take precautions, Greg.

GregV814

No one is running around in circles. I'm personally only taking the steps recommended to reduce my exposure to this - JUST as I would any other cold and flu virus Possibly, a little more proactive and vigorously, because you never know.

I am the primary caregiver for an adult son with disabilities, whose DDA licensed "Service Provider" has shut down all services. He has no on else to take care of him if something happens to he OR I. His FF/EMS brother does not live here and is working non-stop and his father lives in FL.

There's no one else.

It makes no freaking sense for me to 100% gaff this off as BS. I need to take precautions, Greg.
Handshake at safe distance. Good point...

I've yet to figure out why folks that consider the precautions to be ridiculous see any point in telling other people who chose to take precautions how ridiculous their thinking is... and yes, Greg, this is directed at you because when people read your post and then give their opinion on it your immediate reaction was to refer to them as 1964 in 4th graders. Your opinion is nothing more than your opinion. Just as ours is nothing more than our opinion. Why react with disgust?

SamSpade

So now what?

Anything?

It does kind of make you think - "stay home" as the primary weapon against COVID-19 isn't going to work.
Because all it takes is ONE infected person to break the rules and it's pointless.

Kind of reminds me of the basic premise of "Brigadoon" - all it takes is ONE person to leave town - and everyone dies.

It does need a more targeted response, or we're all inside indefinitely.