One way to reduce your loan servicing costs

transporter

Suppose you own a large privately held corp with massive debt. Also suppose your sole concern, the only thing anywhere at anytime that you care about is YOU. No one and nothing else matters.

What is one of your largest costs of doing business? Interest payments.

Then suppose you get enough really stupid people in the right states to vote for you and you opponent is so weak that her supporters just stay home...and you become President.

So what do you do? You use the office to constantly market your company. You use the office to sell your company's products to the US government, foreign govts, and your staff.

You then realize that you have the ability to potentially impact both sides of your balance sheet and begin attacking the Federal Reserve in an effort to reduce your lowest cost item: interest rates.

I suggest this because Trump's comments on rates like the ones below are just plain stupid. His base doesn't understand this but everyone with any actual background in economics or business (students that attended Ivy League Lite schools are exempted) understand this.

Trump urges zero or negative interest rates to tackle U.S. debt

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Just to point out the stunningly obvious:

Tranny's Mommy managed to wake him early today!

This_person

Suppose you own a large privately held corp with massive debt. Also suppose your sole concern, the only thing anywhere at anytime that you care about is YOU. No one and nothing else matters.

What is one of your largest costs of doing business? Interest payments.

Then suppose you get enough really stupid people in the right states to vote for you and you opponent is so weak that her supporters just stay home...and you become President.

So what do you do? You use the office to constantly market your company. You use the office to sell your company's products to the US government, foreign govts, and your staff.

You then realize that you have the ability to potentially impact both sides of your balance sheet and begin attacking the Federal Reserve in an effort to reduce your lowest cost item: interest rates.

I suggest this because Trump's comments on rates like the ones below are just plain stupid. His base doesn't understand this but everyone with any actual background in economics or business (students that attended Ivy League Lite schools are exempted) understand this.

Trump urges zero or negative interest rates to tackle U.S. debt
Wait, I thought Trump got all of his loans from Russia......what difference does the Fed's interest rate have on his Russian loans?

This_person

Suppose there weren't so many suppositions. This thread wouldn't exist.

Trump won! Get over it.

Sapidus

Wait, I thought Trump got all of his loans from Russia......what difference does the Fed's interest rate have on his Russian loans?

No surprise the world economy is baffling to you.

Do you think everything happens in a vacuum? No wonder you have an isolationist fantasy of America providing everything for it self and not trade or doing any business with anyone

This_person

No surprise the world economy is baffling to you.

Do you think everything happens in a vacuum? No wonder you have an isolationist fantasy of America providing everything for it self and not trade or doing any business with anyone
I missed the answer to my question - please provide answer.

Sapidus

I missed the answer to my question - please provide answer.

The US sets the rates and generally the rest of the world follows unless something unusual s going on with their home economy.

I'm sure all Trumps struggling supporters will be pleased to stop earning interest and have the cost of imports go up even higher due to yet another stupid economic idea of Trumps which is only necessary to prop up his stupid trade war

This_person

The US sets the rates and generally the rest of the world follows
So, your position is that Trump is asking the Fed to lower rates in the hopes that Russia will lower its rates? That's seriously your position?

You and Tranny have one thing going for you - you're equals in your bad thought processes.

Sapidus

So, your position is that Trump is asking the Fed to lower rates in the hopes that Russia will lower its rates? That's seriously your position?

You and Tranny have one thing going for you - you're equals in your bad thought processes.

No. That is a side benefit. He is hoping to stave off or at least stall a recession based on his poor economic and trade policies.