Onstar Family link

bcp

In My Opinion
best 4 bucks a month ever spent when you have a new driver in the house.
You can track the car whenever you want and see where it is, it will send e-mail and phone alerts if the airbags deploy.
Daughter left for a friends house a half hour ago, a quick look at the family link shows her car in the friends driveway, safe.
No reason to be worried

till its time for her to come home.

If you have onstar, I recommend this service

P.S
I did catch her doing 80 on rt 50 one morning, so its good for that too.
and you can set times where it will automatically track the car, then send you an email with the location.

and yes, she does know she is being tracked.

bcp

In My Opinion
Child is home.
no problems, and yes I did track her drive home..
seems as though she was running the speed limit the entire way.

Shame I dont get to yell at her.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No no way, no no how.

I would have been a total wreck.

It is bad enough going through the learn to drive thing with kids. I did it with 4, one boy, three girls. You KNOW they will face moments, as we all do, moments of truth, where, either they will perform or kill someone or kill themselves or both. Thus is the nature of ANYTHING dangerous; the learning curve.

All you can do is train them the best you can and, when the time comes, you just hold your breath until they get back. Then, each time, it's just a little better.

I could take the holding of my breath but, I could NOT take any sort of birds eye view or blow by blow account of all those little instances.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
:coffee:

I am VERY THANKFUL that they didnt have this when i was growing up.... :jet:

OMG..... I would have never be able to go the places I went!! :killingme

dont get me wrong... I got busted several times... best one was lying about going to the Battle of the Bands... and ending up on the front page of the Enterprise :jerry:

glhs837

Power with Control
Back when the girl first started driving, I had the ability to monitor her whereabouts using an app. Just couldn't do it. Tempting, I know, but barring a circumstance where there is some doubt, I couldn't just look anytime.

I took extraordinary efforts to each her how to drive, and how to choose a safe speed. The rest is up to her. She should choose a safe speed, not because I might chew her ass if she doesn't, but because that the right speed to be going.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Back when the girl first started driving, I had the ability to monitor her whereabouts using an app. Just couldn't do it. Tempting, I know, but barring a circumstance where there is some doubt, I couldn't just look anytime.

I took extraordinary efforts to each her how to drive, and how to choose a safe speed. The rest is up to her. She should choose a safe speed, not because I might chew her ass if she doesn't, but because that the right speed to be going.

:buddies: I feel that if my daughter knew I was watching her every move, she'd be nervous and it would just escalate problems or her anxiety being a new driver. It is better to let them "live and learn" on their own.

My youngest is 18 and out of state at college. Yep, I worry about her. Yep, I often wonder what she's doing. Yep, I watch the clock when I know she's headed out on a long drive somewhere and I'm waiting for that text saying "I'm here." Nope, I don't make her tell me everytime she drives somewhere. Nope, I don't talk to her every day. Nope, I don't pump her for information when I get a random text saying, "I just tried cajun shrimp and love it!" or "You would love this little shop!" or "You would love this band!" Knowing what she's doing, who she's with, where she's going, etc. gives me absolutely no power to change anything. She has the reigns to her life now. :clap: :starcat: :cartwheel

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Glad you're not my Daddy... My parents would have had multiple heart attacks.. My Dad had to walk to the end of our driveway one time to get me because I was lost and couldn't find my way home.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Glad you're not my Daddy... My parents would have had multiple heart attacks.. My Dad had to walk to the end of our driveway one time to get me because I was lost and couldn't find my way home.

:killingme

my dad had to pick my friend and i up....oh and we were both DRUNK and underage. :jerry: AND i got sick in his truck....:buddies:

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
:killingme

my dad had to pick my friend and i up....oh and we were both DRUNK and underage. :jerry: AND i got sick in his truck....:buddies:

I called my Dad one time to come and get me cause I was too drunk to drive home... He said " Get your ass in the house, you're in the driveway"