Ooh, I finally saw a snake in Florida!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I was walking Apollo and caught movement out of the corner of my eye, a 2' black snake slithering along the fence. I watched it for awhile, Apollo was unaware of it because he can't see for chit anymore, then it slid under the fence and was gone.

This is the first time I've seen a live snake in FL, only the second live snake I've seen since we hit the road 5.5 years ago. :yay:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I’ll be surprised if a year from now you haven’t encountered one of Florida’s new pythons.

ProLifePatriot

I was walking Apollo and caught movement out of the corner of my eye, a 2' black snake slithering along the fence. I watched it for awhile, Apollo was unaware of it because he can't see for chit anymore, then it slid under the fence and was gone.

This is the first time I've seen a live snake in FL, only the second live snake I've seen since we hit the road 5.5 years ago. :yay:
Black snakes are nature's free pest control.
Btw, where in Florida? I lived in Seminole county for 10 years. Hurricane Charlie caused a lot of the wild life to find dryer climates and while my wife and I we're cleaning, she noticed something hanging out from between the matress and box springs. It was a Dead baby rattle snake. It must have gotten in when we had the door open to get air flow moving because the power was out and no A/C 🥵. We were just lucky we didn't get bit. We looked for Mama, but luckily, she wasn't in the house.

• Wow
Reactions: rio

ProLifePatriot

I’ll be surprised if a year from now you haven’t encountered one of Florida’s new pythons.
Although they're migrating further north, the majority of them are mostly in the swampier less densly populated areas. But they have quickly become a nuisance down there. You'd have better chance of running into a gator than a python.

Grumpy

Think I said here previously is that the pythons are going to be a huge problem soon if they don't up the bounty on them. Make it definitely worth hunting for a big payday, Florida will be better off in the long run. They will decimate the typical wildlife in those swampy areas. They need to be totally eradicated.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Think I said here previously is that the pythons are going to be a huge problem soon if they don't up the bounty on them. Make it definitely worth hunting for a big payday, Florida will be better off in the long run. They will decimate the typical wildlife in those swampy areas. They need to be totally eradicated.
If they do it right they can get a payday and drop off the skins for a pair of boots.

They got to have a problem with iguanas as well.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
The python vs. Alligator videos can be a bit epic.

ProLifePatriot

There are several groups that hunt pythons. They make a pretty good chunk of change selling the skins as well as selling them as pets.

Grumpy

There are several groups that hunt pythons. They make a pretty good chunk of change selling the skins as well as selling them as pets.
They should make more so they don't have to sell them as pets. Buyers of pythons dump their little pets when they grow up. Sales of them should be totally outlawed.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
They should make more so they don't have to sell them as pets. Buyers of pythons dump their little pets when they grow up. Sales of them should be totally outlawed.
Who wants to buy a 15 foot python!?!

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Restaurant.
Does it taste like chicken?