OOOoooo that Smell, Can'tcha Smell that Smell?

Stopped at my favorite pizza place on the way thru Virginia yesterday, had to stop and get a pepperoni pie and a few calzone. Today I made portions and vacuum sealed the lot. Took them downstairs to the freezer. Noticed it smelled a bit musty down there. I did set the thermostat up a bit when I was on travel, so I'm thinking it just got a bit damp without the a/c running as often as it should. I had remembered I had a half rack of ribs in there somewhere, I'll make that for dinner tonight. Back upstairs for another armful and downstairs. Yeah, more than just musty. Back up for another load and down again. Man, that smell really is kinda funky. Now looking for the ribs. Not where I thought I had put them. And then something caught my eye. There, on a shelf opposite the freezer, not in the freezer, was the half rack of ribs. And they did not look good. Guess I found the source of the funky smell! I now remember I took them out to use them last week and completely forgot about them. That was back on June 27th. Thank Gawd they were in a very well sealed freezer vacuum bag or that would have been a real mess.

So, what else can I find, or not, for dinner tonight? :lol:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'd probably think it was just fine...my smeller is about burned out from too many trips to and from the dirt poorest districts of Alexandria; have to pass through to get to and from one of the naval bases I work in. Trash and garbage are everywhere..people throw it in the street or in to dumpsters..but the trash pickers come along with their hand-pulled or donkey-pulled carts and empty out the dumpsters in to their carts and on to the street to sort the trash. Miles of it....and it's hot here; the stench can be almost overwhelming.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I'd probably think it was just fine...my smeller is about burned out from too many trips to and from the dirt poorest districts of Alexandria; have to pass through to get to and from one of the naval bases I work in. Trash and garbage are everywhere..people throw it in the street or in to dumpsters..but the trash pickers come along with their hand-pulled or donkey-pulled carts and empty out the dumpsters in to their carts and on to the street to sort the trash. Miles of it....and it's hot here; the stench can be almost overwhelming.

You should write Tour Books. :yay:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Does that include a burkini calendar?

Every page...

800px_COLOURBOX1793931.jpg

gemma_rae

Stopped at my favorite pizza place on the way thru Virginia yesterday, had to stop and get a pepperoni pie and a few calzone. Today I made portions and vacuum sealed the lot. Took them downstairs to the freezer. Noticed it smelled a bit musty down there. I did set the thermostat up a bit when I was on travel, so I'm thinking it just got a bit damp without the a/c running as often as it should. I had remembered I had a half rack of ribs in there somewhere, I'll make that for dinner tonight. Back upstairs for another armful and downstairs. Yeah, more than just musty. Back up for another load and down again. Man, that smell really is kinda funky. Now looking for the ribs. Not where I thought I had put them. And then something caught my eye. There, on a shelf opposite the freezer, not in the freezer, was the half rack of ribs. And they did not look good. Guess I found the source of the funky smell! I now remember I took them out to use them last week and completely forgot about them. That was back on June 27th. Thank Gawd they were in a very well sealed freezer vacuum bag or that would have been a real mess.

So, what else can I find, or not, for dinner tonight? :lol:
Oh Geez, reminds me of when I found the milk in the cupboard.:doh: Sounds like a good excuse to eat all the calzones though!:yay: