Opening Day of the long duck season...

wagondriver1

Went out yesterday evening down towards Cobb Island. Shot a few, however saw alot ducks flying around also a good variety. Hopefully it is a good sign of what is yet to come. Anyone else go and if so, did you get anything???

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Went out yesterday evening down towards Cobb Island. Shot a few, however saw alot ducks flying around also a good variety. Hopefully it is a good sign of what is yet to come. Anyone else go and if so, did you get anything???
I stopped going many years ago. There are no ducks in the river any more. I remember when the 1st sea duck season came in October 9th and the river was full of ducks. Now the ducks don't really get here until late Jan. when the season is ending. Sad. :frown:

wagondriver1

Your right. Usually the Ducks dont get here til the end of January. Last year the best hunting was the last two weeks of January. They should drop the early season and another two weeks in the beginning of February. But there were a good amount of ducks on the river for this time of the year.

thatguy

Your right. Usually the Ducks dont get here til the end of January. Last year the best hunting was the last two weeks of January. They should drop the early season and another two weeks in the beginning of February. But there were a good amount of ducks on the river for this time of the year.

the problem with that is you would miss the woodducks and the teal altogether. I got a bunch in the early seasons. I guess it depends on where you hunt.
I am looking forward to the rest of the season though