Opinion wanted: driving.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Reread my post - as I said, "when there's no 1/2 mile line waiting to turn onto Rt 4, I don't enter the turn lane until I'm past the Longhorn."

Yes, it's rude when there's a long line. It's not strictly legal, but it's how people drive. But when there is NOT a line, it's more dangerous to run that lane, and I wait to enter, even if it looks like I'm making a last-minute entrance from the point of view of those drivers who mindlessly still ride it from Walmart north.

Okay. Are you also of the belief that the third lane going north across Route 4 is not an actual travel lane, used to merge after the intersection? Or solely there for the purpose of traffic coming off of 4 to go NB on 235?

Goldenhawk

Okay. Are you also of the belief that the third lane going north across Route 4 is not an actual travel lane, used to merge after the intersection? Or solely there for the purpose of traffic coming off of 4 to go NB on 235?

You're just baiting me.

Of course it's a travel lane; it's delineated by normal long-dash lane markings, as opposed to the short-dash markings indicating a turn lane. Anyone who has read the driver's manual should (SHOULD) know the difference. Having just taught three kids to drive in the last five years, I have a pretty good grasp of the ACTUAL law.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
You're just baiting me.

Of course it's a travel lane; it's delineated by normal long-dash lane markings, as opposed to the short-dash markings indicating a turn lane. Anyone who has read the driver's manual should (SHOULD) know the difference. Having just taught three kids to drive in the last five years, I have a pretty good grasp of the ACTUAL law.

Just checking. There are people that will argue until they are blue in the face that it is NOT a thru lane. :lol:

3CATSAILOR

1) Traffic enforcement is next to nothing in St. Mary's County. 2) The chance you would be selected with nearly zero traffic enforcement on any given day is not likely. You have a better chance of winning the Mega Millions! But, the bottom line is always air on the side of safety regardless of any idiots around you.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
1) Traffic enforcement is next to nothing in St. Mary's County. 2) The chance you would be selected with nearly zero traffic enforcement on any given day is not likely. You have a better chance of winning the Mega Millions! But, the bottom line is always air on the side of safety regardless of any idiots around you.

I was followed twice today, just by happenstance. No breaky rules, no get pulled over. Easy peasy. :shrug: