Opportunity to leave...

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
That's where I was born. Dad was transferred when I was 4 so I'm not much help. Just thought it was cool that's where you may / may not be going. :)

C

czygvtwkr

I've been, it's central California!, but unfortunately it is California.....

glhs837

Power with Control
Visited a buddy there once..........never saw a reason to go back. Might not be the armpit of CA, but I think you can see it from there.....

BOP

Kind of like being here then - except armpit isn't what I see here

I have buddies who were stationed there. I'll ask them when I get back to work next week.

Not in the armpit, I mean. Lemoore.

glhs837

Power with Control
Kind of like being here then - except armpit isn't what I see here

Well, if Lemoore had it's farmfields surrounded by awesome waterfront, and lots of forested areas left, and a national capital within 40 minutes travel, why yes, just like here :)

pgchustla

It's great if you like cows and smog. I guess you're close enough to Yosemite. One of the worst places to live in the entire U.S., seriously.

bilbur

I caught on that it is in California - kind of like here just higher taxes - same liberal BS politics but, I am hoping, a deficit of SMIBs.

I think I speak for all "SMIBs" when I say don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on your way out of the county. :howdy:

GW8345

Not White House Approved
I caught on that it is in California - kind of like here just higher taxes - same liberal BS politics but, I am hoping, a deficit of SMIBs.
With a comment like that all I can say is;

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya. No one forced you to come here, and no one if forcing you to stay.

And if you think you are going to get away from people you don't care for, enjoy you life on that deserted island.

glhs837

Power with Control

Dude, that is an incorrect statement. This places wishes it could be half as liberal as CA. Like to mod your vehicle? There's a special approval process for mods called CARB, and you cant put anything on your car that isnt CARB approved. No gas above 91 octane by law, and at that, it's a special mix all thier own that sucks ass.

ftcret

I think I speak for all "SMIBs" when I say don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on your way out of the county. :howdy:

Fear not, even if I were moving slowly enough for the door to hit me where Aunt Granny likes to kiss me, all it would do is speed my exit. A definite plus!:yahoo:

BernieP

Resident PIA
did you miss the comment about it being in California :buddies:
CA taxes make MD look cheap, the Hollywood elite may think it's fine, but the people who I've worked with out there do not like the policies / politics.

All I can add is that Bakersfield is often the punchline to a joke, and it's the closest civilization.

Positive, "It's a dry heat"