Oprah for president

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
TOP 5 OPRAH FAILS: Calling For People To Die, Racism Hoaxes, Allowed Praise Of Jihad On Show – And More
"Where was the Hollywood Press Association that was receiving such plaudits at the hands of Oprah Winfrey, again, a woman who was good friends with Harvey Weinstein, being cheered by Meryl Streep, a woman who gave a standing ovation to Roman Polanski?"

Here are some of Oprah's top fails:

5. Golden Globe Awards Speech

Hollywood and the mainstream media promoted Oprah as "brave" following her speech at the 75th Golden Globe Awards, but, as Shapiro pointed out, "What the hell kind of risk was she taking?"

Shapiro told Fox News' Martha MacCallum: "She was standing in front of an entire town filled with sexual abusers and harassers. She said nothing about it for 20 years; she was being cheered by people who said nothing about it for 20 years, and there she is pretending that she’s leading the fight."

4. Oprah Suggests Americans Are Racist – Even If They Do Not Have Ill Will Toward Black People

3. Oprah Gives Platform To An Islamic Scholar Who Says Islamic Jihad Is Only A Spiritual Battle – Not A 'Holy War'

2. Oprah Makes "Absolutely Not True" Racism Allegations Against A Store Clerk In Europe

1. Oprah Says Older Generations "Just Have To Die" To Solve The Problem Of Racism

In a 2013 interview with the BBC, Winfrey said that entire generations "just have to die" to cure the problem of racism.

After Winfrey told the BBC's Will Gompertz that she thought that racism has "gotten better," Gompertz asked Winfrey if she thought the problem was solved.

Winfrey responded, "Of course problem is not solved. You know, as long as people can be judged by the color of their skin, problem’s not solved. As long as there are people who still, there’s a whole generation – I say this, you know, I said this, you know, for apartheid South Africa, I said this for my own, you know, community in the south – there are still generations of people, older people, who were born and bred and marinated in it, in that prejudice and racism, and they just have to die."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
No, but BLM and other like-groups certainly seemed to have interpreted it that.

That's on them, not Oprah. They also interpret Donald Trump saying that skeezy women will allow rich famous men to grope them as him being a rapist. So clearly they have comprehension problems all the way around.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Oprah’s presidential campaign team is already taking form. Barack Obama's 2012 Iowa campaign manager Brad Anderson, Harvey Weinstein’s friend Meryl Streep, and Woke Bill Kristol have all offered their support to Winfrey 2020. Oprah's political preferences are clear enough. She helped to elect Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012. She endorsed Hillary Clinton in 2016. But where does the world’s richest self-made woman stand on the issues?

On the Second Amendment, Oprah supports increased restrictions on gun ownership. During her 2013 Harvard commencement speech, Winfrey insisted, “The vast majority of people in this country believe in stronger background checks. Because they realize that we can uphold the Second Amendment and also reduce that violence that is robbing us of our children.” Despite Oprah’s insistence, there is little evidence that “stronger background checks” would have prevented any major American shooting. Even left-wing megaphone CNN admitted as much in its April 2013 analysis, “Would background checks have stopped recent mass shootings? Probably not.” Laws currently on the books should have prevented the murderer in November’s Sutherland Springs shooting from acquiring a weapon, and the failure of the government to enforce current only underscores the ineffectiveness of gun control to curb violence.

On illegal immigration, Oprah supports amnesty for all current illegal aliens. During that same speech at Harvard she endorsed “a clear path to citizenship for the 12 million undocumented immigrants who reside in this country. […] It’s possible to both enforce our laws and, at the same time, embrace the words on the Statue of Liberty that have welcomed generations of huddled masses to our shores. We can do both.” Of course, one cannot simultaneously enforce and ignore democratically enacted law. Given the centrality of immigration enforcement in carrying President Trump to victory in 2016, Oprah’s policy amnesty for everyone is unlikely to play in Peoria.

On foreign policy, Oprah responded to the September 11 terrorist attacks by a five-part series on her program discouraging war in Iraq. Despite Saddam Hussein’s demonstrated possession of weapons of mass destruction, Iraq’s violation of countless international resolutions, and a decades-long American policy of regime change in Iraq, Oprah gave her platform exclusively to anti-war advocates such as Michael Moore, Fawaz Gerges, and Thomas Friedman. The series led Moore to beg Oprah to run for president. Its final installment, “Why Do So Many Dislike the U.S.?” typified the “blame America first” impulses of the post-1960s Left. An October 2001 episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show sought to portray Islam as a 'religion of peace,' as guests claimed, “The spirit of Islam…is all about tolerance, all about doing good, about diversity, equality human dignity. […] There is…nothing in Islam that does not afford women equal rights.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/25550/where-does-oprah-stand-issues-michael-j-knowles

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When Oprah actually declares her candidacy for President, THEN I will consider her one way or the other. As it stands, the media has created this story out of thin air and is running non-stop with it, and I refuse to be sucked into their game.

lovinmaryland

:boo:

Attachments

• opra.jpg
    opra.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 75

PsyOps

Pixelated
That's on them, not Oprah. They also interpret Donald Trump saying that skeezy women will allow rich famous men to grope them as him being a rapist. So clearly they have comprehension problems all the way around.

Of course it is. I wasn't suggesting Oprah is culpable in how anyone interprets her comments. Nevertheless, certain people from both sides have chosen to green their own interpretation of it.

PsyOps

Pixelated
When Oprah actually declares her candidacy for President, THEN I will consider her one way or the other. As it stands, the media has created this story out of thin air and is running non-stop with it, and I refuse to be sucked into their game.

Well, maybe it would behoove Oprah to come out and either substantiate it or disclaim it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, maybe it would behoove Oprah to come out and either substantiate it or disclaim it.

Why should she have to spend her time dispelling hysterical media rumors? She didn't start it. All she did was give a speech at the Golden Globes, like dozens of celebrities do every year.

Do you see how blaming Oprah for the media manipulation is the same as blaming Trump for the way they slobber all over his every move? This crap was all over the news last night, including the local news out of Miami. I'm like, why are we talking about this??

This_person

I have said that exact same thing numerous times - racism and homophobia and misogyny will be greatly diminished as the generations for whom it was acceptable and expected die out. Does that make me racist against white people? A self-hating womyn? A ### hag?

Well, that doesn't :lol:

No, seriously, of course not. Unless, of course, you just assume older whites are racist. Then, yes, it does.

See, when you just assume something about a race of people, that's racist. To assume they are racist because they are white is, in fact, racist. That's exactly what she was doing.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Unless, of course, you just assume older whites are racist.

Many older whites, blacks, Hispanics, Asians, and everything else ARE racist. It doesn't make them bad people, it's just the way they grew up and the way it was back in their day. It's only been in the last couple of generations that we've embraced multi-culturalism.

Anyway, you're twisting what Oprah actually said to make it fit what you wanted her to have said. No fly zone, babe.

This_person

Many older whites, blacks, Hispanics, Asians, and everything else ARE racist. It doesn't make them bad people, it's just the way they grew up and the way it was back in their day. It's only been in the last couple of generations that we've embraced multi-culturalism.

Anyway, you're twisting what Oprah actually said to make it fit what you wanted her to have said. No fly zone, babe.

If enough people are arguing over what she meant as just shows by this thread, her meaning was clearly not crystal clear.

That said, your interpretation is certainly valid and I can't say definitively she did not mean exactly your take on it. But, neither can you deny it's very possible she was lumping white people together to make a general negative statement about white people, which is a racist thing to do.

You said, "many". I did not hear it the same way from here. Anyone can say "many [insert divisive exclusionary lump here] people do _______" and be accurate (save, you can't really say "many men give birth" or something else biologically impossible). But, when you say, "typical [insert divisive exclusionary lump here] people do ________", you are an -ist of whatever your lump is.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Remember, Oprah Winfrey Is Our Premier National Snake Oil Salesman
Oprah Winfrey is responsible for promoting a whole variety of quack medical nostrums and launching the careers of questionable experts.

There are a great many reasons Winfrey should not run for president. Chief among them is that she has built her career, not just as a charismatic daytime television star, but also as our nation’s premier snake oil salesman. She is responsible for promoting a whole variety of quack medical nostrums and launching the careers of questionable experts. She may not be as prolific as Gwyneth Paltrow—to my knowledge, she has never tried to sell us a coffee enema—but she is far more influential.

[clip]

You could attribute Winfrey’s history on this to ruthless cynicism—getting rich and famous by telling the suckers what they want to hear. Or you could attribute it to her own gullibility, scientific illiteracy, and tendency toward subjective emotionalism and outright mysticism. Neither possibility is very reassuring, but both are oddly familiar. Let’s see: a lowbrow TV star with a tendency toward gushing hyperbole and relentless self-promotion, who shows a tendency to be influenced by bogus experts and crackpot theories. What could possibly go wrong?

There is a popular theory that opposition to Donald Trump among left-leaning “elites” is less about his policies or his abilities or his actual decision-making in office and is really a matter of taste and style. In this view, he is resented because he is too crude, lowbrow, and downmarket for the pretentious hipsters and the Georgetown cocktail party set. The frenzy over Oprah kind of puts this theory to rest. She is the female, left-of-center equivalent of Trump—yet they all gush over her, urge her to run, and embrace her as their president.

I’m afraid the truth is much simpler. It’s not about policy, it’s not about experience, it’s not about competence, it’s not even about taste and manners and personality. A lot of our politics is just about who can make people feel good about themselves by echoing their emotions and convincingly repeating back to them the catchphrases currently popular among members of their political tribe.

When you think about it, maybe that makes snake oil salesmen the ideal political figureheads for our era.

black dog

Free America

It's been over 90 years since we have had a single President, I wonder if America is ready for the first woman as President. Who would be First Lady, Gayle or Stedman?

Hijinx

I will say this about an Oprah candidacy.
If she were running against Hillary i would gladly vote for her.
And what the hell she could be in the primary.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Just Pollack jokes?' Shirley ' you said dago, beaner, velcro and momma jokes also..

naa it was elementary school in the 1970's .... never heard of a dago or beaner until High School

dago came up studying the Sacco and Vanzetti case in History Class