Orioles lose heartbreaker marathon

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Well, it's all over now. Orioles lost in a heartbreaking 18 inning, 6 hour, 54 minute game to the Rays pretty much dashing any Wild Card hopes they had. Longest game in franchise history. Sad to see the season end this way.

I'm used to the Orioles, Jaguars and Redskins losing but this one sucked royally.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Well, it's all over now. Orioles lost in a heartbreaking 18 inning, 6 hour, 54 minute game to the Rays pretty much dashing any Wild Card hopes they had. Longest game in franchise history. Sad to see the season end this way.

I'm used to the Orioles, Jaguars and Redskins losing but this one sucked royally.

There's only 1 common denominator in this this statement

b23hqb

PREMO Member
There's only 1 common denominator in this this statement

Just because someone is used/acclimated to something sure doesn't mean they like it. I've stated numerous times in the past, if the O's cannot beat the dreaded Rays, they will not make the playoffs. For some sick reason, the Rays have had the O's number since the first year in 1998, and it makes me sick.

The best stat I can come up with all-time is the O's 136 - 138 vs the dreaded Rays, still far better than their record vs the rest of the AL East ( 322 - 501) during that time frame.

BAL Head-to-Head Records from 1998 to 2013 - Baseball-Reference.com

Last edited:

OldHillcrestGuy

I came home from watching the Blue Crabs get knonked out of the playoffs again this year for second or third time buy the same team. I was wondering how my Nationals had scored in their win over the Marlins and saw that the the O's were tied in the 9th. Got off the computer, turned on the TV and watched till the finish.
I became a Orioles fan after the Senators left town which was years and years ago, now that DC has a team and finally a very good team, they became my main team from day 1, I can get to Nats Park in 35 minutes instead of over an hour or more to Camden. I may not follow the O's quite as closely as I did, but now my hope is to someday see a World Series between the Nats and O's. I hope its sooner then later, cause my years are running out.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Looks like this year is shot, OHCG. I'll be 60 next season. I'd drive the 1,000 miles to see that happen. Would be fun.

OldHillcrestGuy

Looks like this year is shot, OHCG. I'll be 60 next season. I'd drive the 1,000 miles to see that happen. Would be fun.

Yes it does, heck I'll be 65 next week, the years are running out. Would be nice to see a Redskin Super Bowl win and Capitals Stanley Cup win before I check out.

homedepot20

LOSING :cds: 3 of 3 to Rays dashed our Wild Card Hopes ! WINNING remaining 7 would give us hope for next year :howdy: