O'Rourke: White Americans don't know full story of slavery

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
O'Rourke, addressing questions on topics including health care, housing affordability and education, acknowledged what he identified as his own struggle with not knowing enough about the history of slavery in the United States and its ongoing ramifications.

"White Americans do not know this story," O'Rourke said, noting that until a tour of the church's grounds, he hadn't known anti-slavery activist Harriet Tubman had lived in the area. O'Rourke has addressed issues concerning white privilege before, telling a crowd at a historically black college in South Carolina earlier this year that he might not know their struggles but wanted to try to help them. In Iowa, he said he didn't think being a white man in a historically diverse field of candidates put him at a disadvantage because his sex and race have given him inherent advantages for years.

On Friday, asked if he supported reparations, O'Rourke said that he did, though he still supports the creation of a commission to further study the issue and how to ameliorate it. "The answer is yes. We must repair this country from its very founding, kidnapping peoples from West Africa, bringing them here in bondage to literally build the wealth of the United States," he said. "The path there, though, has to come through learning and telling this American story with everyone. Then, I think, we define what reparations look like."

https://www.mail.com/news/politics/...s-full-story-slavery.html#.7518-stage-hero1-1

Hijinx

He sounds like a total idiot.

Reparations my ass. It seems every Democrat is willing to give away my tax money to buy the black vote.
And that is what reparations is. A purchased black vote.

black dog

Free America
Me thinks O'Rourke needs to go back to school and get a better grasp of how slavery really worked. What a ****ing idiot.

Smokey1

Me thinks O'Rourke needs to go back to school and get a better grasp of how slavery really worked. What a ****ing idiot.

He projected his ignorance on every other white person in the country. Not every white person is as ignorant as he is. Its also racist to characterize an entire race.

Last edited:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I wonder how he feels about Caucasian slaves.
Dats be a rasys statement. Everybody knows dat whitey was indentured. That many, of say, the Irish, happily and without reservation, gladly sold themselves into service, which for many meant a very early death. And rarely, ever reached a point in which their debt was paid. And they did it without complaint. Happy to assist the English in the genocide of their own kind, while helping their English brethren to make a fine profit to boot. And all those signs in many cities, posted at businesses saying, "Irish need not apply", was only because all the Irish were still indentured and could never be able to work two jobs.

black dog

Free America
If I may ...

Dats be a rasys statement. Everybody knows dat whitey was indentured. That many, of say, the Irish, happily and without reservation, gladly sold themselves into service, which for many meant a very early death. And rarely, ever reached a point in which their debt was paid. And they did it without complaint. Happy to assist the English in the genocide of their own kind, while helping their English brethren to make a fine profit to boot. And all those signs in many cities, posted at businesses saying, "Irish need not apply", was only because all the Irish were still indentured and could never be able to work two jobs.

Thank goodness it only was The Shanty Irish...

SamSpade

The story that there were Irish "slaves" in this country has been so thoroughly debunked, it boggles the mind that it gets re-run every so often.
I could be persuaded to pursue it further, except the main perpetrators of the myth are mostly too odious to want to be on the same side of a story.

black dog

Free America
The story that there were Irish "slaves" in this country has been so thoroughly debunked, it boggles the mind that it gets re-run every so often.
I could be persuaded to pursue it further, except the main perpetrators of the myth are mostly too odious to want to be on the same side of a story.
King James II and Charles I would disagree with you.
What's funny is instead of having a conversation, you just act like a mnemonic ass.

Tech

Family first ancestors in this country were German indentured in their teens to a farmer in South Jersey in 1817. Contract called for two years service with one year education and a suit as the payoff.

The Irish need not apply was because they were catholic.

Reactions: BOP

Grumpy

King James II and Charles I would disagree with you.
What's funny is instead of having a conversation, you just act like a mnemonic ass.
No, what's funny is that instead of citing where he was wrong, you acted just like a Dem and attacked, you get more pathetic with every post I read from you.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

The story that there were Irish "slaves" in this country has been so thoroughly debunked, it boggles the mind that it gets re-run every so often. I could be persuaded to pursue it further, except the main perpetrators of the myth are mostly too odious to want to be on the same side of a story.
Really now? Just because there are articles written solely, and purposefully, to intentionally counter the truth of history for the purpose to, 'debunk', and to let stand the, 'official narrative', be the sole and undeniable history, then to you, and others, the history of the Irish slave trade, "has been so thoroughly debunked"?

I can find a plethora of articles, 'debunking', throughly, the so called jew holocaust. With actual citations. Throughly investigated background, and substantiated, information, from over 75 plus years of research going over thousands and thousands of documents, witness testimony, red cross documents, scientific testing, census numbers of the era, etc., etc., etc.. And yet, even in the presence of all that information, the jew holocaust still happened as said it happened. And to say any differently is to be anti-semitic. The only difference between the two? The Irish do not have the funding to force a false belief as being true. The Irish have no lobbying groups, PACS, or museums, funded and solely dedicated to further a lie to garner all those unpleasant feelings that work to foster and engender an unwavering, unquestioning, support for the jew, for their trails and tribulations. Did some die during the war? Yup, along with millions of other non-jew civilians at the hands of the German forces. But hey, the holocaust still happened as it is currently told. It's still the absolute truth, right?

And, just by writing this, in Nations, such as Germany, Australia, Austria, Belgium, France, Italy, Poland, Romania, and the European Union, I would be arrested, (probably the same day it is written and posted), convicted, and then sent to prison for many many years. Questioning history should not result in an arrest or prison sentence. And because it is, in these Nation States, tells me that it is a complete lie. A fabrication. Made only to elevate those purportedly, a singular group, that suffered. And yet somehow, continue to suffer. Truth, can withstand a light being shone upon it. In these Nations, that light has been outright banned and criminalized. Just for critically thinking, asking questions, and speaking of your findings and thoughts.

But you know the old saying of the Irish, right? "God made whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world." Instead, now, it seems, that task has been taken over by a small wanna be nation state.