Orthopedic Surgeon for Shoulder

highnote

I need recommendations for good/bad orthopedic surgeons.
I'm willing to travel to DC/Baltimore/Annapolis if necessary, but if there are good ortho surgeons within the tri-county area, I'll try them first.
Some names I've heard so far are Cirollo, Beck, Henderson, and Rozran.
Would like to hear opinions from people who have experience with them or others, particularly for shoulder issues.

I'm willing to travel to DC/Baltimore/Annapolis if necessary, but if there are good ortho surgeons within the tri-county area, I'll try them first.
Would like to hear opinions from people who have experience with them or others, particularly for shoulder issues.

I see Dr. Rozran for my back. He seems pretty thorough and strongly believes in physical therapy after surgery... That being said, he also believes in pain management and will work toward getting you to feel as comfortable as possible.

My mother had Bryan Herron perform her shoulder surgery. :yay: She liked him but I don't have any personal experience.

Dr.s Travis and Cox in L'town Sports Medicine Group are good. Cox did a repair on my shoulder (acromioplasty (sp??)) a few years ago and was a great job. No issues in following years.

I also just had Cox repair both knees last Friday, torn meniscus in both, and I am up, around, cut the lawn today.

I traveled to Annapolis for back surgery. In the end, it was more trouble than it was worth to travel back and forth after surgery.

Best I have seen is Dr. Sabloff in Waldorf. Practiced sports medicine , operated on both my wife's shoulders, one of my knees. All of my kids for some injury or another. I have total confidence in him from my view.

Vince

Dr.s Travis and Cox in L'town Sports Medicine Group are good. Cox did a repair on my shoulder (acromioplasty (sp??)) a few years ago and was a great job. No issues in following years.

I also just had Cox repair both knees last Friday, torn meniscus in both, and I am up, around, cut the lawn today.

I traveled to Annapolis for back surgery. In the end, it was more trouble than it was worth to travel back and forth after surgery.
I think Doc Travis is the one that did my knee. Sucks when things stop working.

smts

honestly I would stay away from any Calvert Docs! I used Dr Magee in Bowie who is unfortunately no longer there but the whole group. I also used Dr. Eddie Rabbit for my son, he did a great job. I live in Calvert and have used or know someone who has used them all. PM me is you want more info

GopherM

Darwin was right
Dr. Spatz did mine almost two years ago. Great job, wonderful personality, great follow-up. On almost every visit when I arrived the waiting area was packed with people, yet almost every appointment time was pretty well met.

She recently operated on another of my friends shoulders (with more damage) with equally good results.

I would not hesitate to use her again.

renegadeslave

Obsidian Salamander
Dr. Uday Patel. He works in the same office as Dr. Cirillo. I've heard some bad things about Cirillo, but glad to see good comments here. Herron supposedly isn't very personable, but a good surgeon. I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

Roman

Dr. Uday Patel. He works in the same office as Dr. Cirillo. I've heard some bad things about Cirillo, but glad to see good comments here. Herron supposedly isn't very personable, but a good surgeon. I guess it depends on what you're looking for.
No, Dr Herron does not have a good Personality, but as you said, he is a good Doctor.

Wrkn4livn

Best I have seen is Dr. Sabloff in Waldorf. Practiced sports medicine , operated on both my wife's shoulders, one of my knees. All of my kids for some injury or another. I have total confidence in him from my view.

I saw him prior to my left shoulder replacement. I didn't care for his bedside manor. He was like, ok, you need a shoulder replacement. When do you want to schedule it. So, there's A LOT to a shoulder replacement. I ended up seeing a surgeon Mark Slabaugh at Andrews (i'm retired navy). Anyway, turned out Sabloff was right... It did need replacement but the Airforce did it and it's been great.
I went to Greater Metropolitan Ortho (where Sabloff is) and saw Dr. Jander. He's a younger Dr. but I have confidence in him. He's done 10 shoulder replacements this year (I saw him yesterday). I fist saw him 2 years ago and he didn't have as much experience, in fact, he said he would refer me out if I needed my right shoulder replaced. Now, he's done enough to do them on his own. When he first looked at my replaced shoulder, he said the Dr had done an excellent job!
Check those guys out... There waiting room is ALWAYS packed.
I recommend Dr. Jander. He's probably going to my right shoulder in about two years when it needs to be done. Right now I can wait so I will (the recovery is a Bear!).
If you want any more details, you can PM or email.

music

I had Dr. Deborah Spatz in Calvert work on my shoulder. She is really good, loved her. The office staff is great and she has a great personality as well. I haven't had any problems with my shoulder either.