Oscar Winner Shelley Winters Dies at 85

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. - Shelley Winters, the forceful, outspoken star who graduated from blond bombshell parts to dramas, winning Academy Awards as supporting actress in "The Diary of Anne Frank" and "A Patch of Blue," has died. She was 85.

Winters died of heart failure early Saturday at The Rehabilitation Centre of Beverly Hills, her publicist Dale Olson said. She had been hospitalized in October after suffering a heart attack.

The actress sustained her long career by repeatedly reinventing herself. Starting as a nightclub chorus girl, advanced to supporting roles in New York plays, then became famous as a Hollywood sexpot.

There's got to be a morning after...

C

canuk woman

jazz lady said:

Aww that's sad I remember her in the diary of Anne Frank (I've seen everything that has to do with that book I've seen the movie, I've seen the play, I still have the tv movie recorded when it aired 5 years ago) who did she play again? If I'm right I think she played Miep or Margot I can't remember I taped over that with repeats of Drew Carey (ok you guys probably didn't need to know that)

C

canuk woman

....Nevermind I clicked on the link she played Mrs Van Damm.