OT but thought someone might be able to help these girls

MorganLover

I wanted to help them so badly but i just can't i don't have the room or the money for the extra mouths. :nomoney: http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=8395967

"BAD NEWS Re: The rotties

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got this this morning... I'm running late for meetings I can't miss - if you can help please call my cell 301-904-0653
==============
Thanks for trying to help the senior Rotties.

The adopter just wrote back today that she is going to get a puppy. A
grandmother herself, who works a full day...This puppy will outlive her, if
she ever housebreaks it, and suffer the same fate as Boo and Sadie. Just
like the rest of our throwaway society, only valuing the young and the new.

Boo and Sadie came in when the late owner's relative had them in his car,
driving drunk and got into a wreck at 3 a.m.. He turned them loose. When
the ACO's husband went to get them, they jumped right in his truck

Unfortunately, the shelter will be euthanizing them this weekend. They've
been there 3-4 weeks now, waiting for the family to come and get them. It
isn't fair for these house dogs to live in an outside kennel.

If you have any options, friends, or other rescues, please let us know. You
can also call the shelter, 304-643-4721. But it will have to be by first
thing tomorrow morning. If you think there is something that may work out
later in the day, still call in the morning and tell them so. They might be
willing to wait until late in the day to euthanize them. But don't call and
yell at them - they've given them a lot of time, even kept them when they
aren't even supposed to keep Rotties.

I just waited too long to make a push for them."

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
MorganLover said:
I wanted to help them so badly but i just can't i don't have the room or the money for the extra mouths. :nomoney: http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=8395967

"BAD NEWS Re: The rotties

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got this this morning... I'm running late for meetings I can't miss - if you can help please call my cell 301-904-0653
==============
Thanks for trying to help the senior Rotties.

The adopter just wrote back today that she is going to get a puppy. A
grandmother herself, who works a full day...This puppy will outlive her, if
she ever housebreaks it, and suffer the same fate as Boo and Sadie. Just
like the rest of our throwaway society, only valuing the young and the new.

Boo and Sadie came in when the late owner's relative had them in his car,
driving drunk and got into a wreck at 3 a.m.. He turned them loose. When
the ACO's husband went to get them, they jumped right in his truck

Unfortunately, the shelter will be euthanizing them this weekend. They've
been there 3-4 weeks now, waiting for the family to come and get them. It
isn't fair for these house dogs to live in an outside kennel.

If you have any options, friends, or other rescues, please let us know. You
can also call the shelter, 304-643-4721. But it will have to be by first
thing tomorrow morning. If you think there is something that may work out
later in the day, still call in the morning and tell them so. They might be
willing to wait until late in the day to euthanize them. But don't call and
yell at them - they've given them a lot of time, even kept them when they
aren't even supposed to keep Rotties.

I just waited too long to make a push for them."

I put in a call to help foster them,,, the only issue I have is that I have other dogs and these girls might not take to that well. How sad for them.

MorganLover

SouthernMdRocks said:
I put in a call to help foster them,,, the only issue I have is that I have other dogs and these girls might not take to that well. How sad for them.

almost every dog can be "retrained" and i think they have been maybe let go, and need to be reminded on how to get along as a pack. I hope you can help them i'd love to see them go to a good home. I really really wanted to help but i just can't. I'd love too. i have a 12 year old rottie now (1 of Happy's i have had her since i was 13 and living with Happy.) I just can't add more dogs with her being so old and ill. PLEASE let me know if you get in touch with her about them.
Brooke

MorganLover

SouthernMdRocks said:

Did you leave a message on the cell or with the human society? i wonder if you can call them too.

SouthernMdRocks

MorganLover said:
Did you leave a message on the cell or with the human society? i wonder if you can call them too.

I did both, waiting to hear back. I'm leaving work now so I left them my cell number.

MorganLover

SouthernMdRocks said:
I did both, waiting to hear back. I'm leaving work now so I left them my cell number.

I left her a message telling her you tried to get in touch with her as well. she didnt call me back. Did you ever get in touch with anyone?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
In all seriousness, and trying to do good.. but we have many threads on here about a family that just lost a large family dog to bad circumstances.. maybe someone should introduce them??

They are already used to owning a large dog, and MAYBE they can give these two a loving home.. I mean, I know nothing can replace the dog they had, but maybe some good can come out of a bad situation.

MorganLover

SMDROCKS: how are the rotties doing. Kathy called me and told me you got them and was trying to call her to check on them. Thanks so much for helping. She just told me she now has a long haired rottie to help place UGH. poor dogs. I wish people wouldn't treat them as throw away. I have had my rottie for all 12 years of her life. I know with these guys the old owner died (i think that is what happened right. Sorry if there ends up being some wierd out of place stuff my bird the c o c k a t i e l is helping me type.

K

Katie

I met them tonight and they are really nice girls. Boo, likes to have her tush scratched.

SouthernMdRocks

MorganLover said:
SMDROCKS: how are the rotties doing. Kathy called me and told me you got them and was trying to call her to check on them. Thanks so much for helping. She just told me she now has a long haired rottie to help place UGH. poor dogs. I wish people wouldn't treat them as throw away. I have had my rottie for all 12 years of her life. I know with these guys the old owner died (i think that is what happened right. Sorry if there ends up being some wierd out of place stuff my bird the c o c k a t i e l is helping me type.

Hi MLover, the girls are doing just fine and settling in. Now if we can find them forever homes.. I am hoping it's warm enough today so I can get them bathed and pix taken. :howdy:

SouthernMdRocks

itsbob said:
In all seriousness, and trying to do good.. but we have many threads on here about a family that just lost a large family dog to bad circumstances.. maybe someone should introduce them??

They are already used to owning a large dog, and MAYBE they can give these two a loving home.. I mean, I know nothing can replace the dog they had, but maybe some good can come out of a bad situation.

Hey Bob, where's the thread about the large dog family? :howdy:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
SouthernMdRocks said:
Hey Bob, where's the thread about the large dog family? :howdy:
That guy was on channel 9 news last weekend, he lives on the road between Hughsville and PF. There is a big sign in his yard about the Charles Co cop murdering his dog. :frown:

D

dems4me

happyappygirl said:
That guy was on channel 9 news last weekend, he lives on the road between Hughsville and PF. There is a big sign in his yard about the Charles Co cop murdering his dog. :frown:

What happened? :shrug:

:popcorn:

SouthernMdRocks

happyappygirl said:

Oh my, I hadn't heard anything about that.