Otter, Larry, Pete and Nupe2.........

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/5873206

Tiger and Phil the main event at the final major

The PGA Championship traditionally puts together the three major champions of the year for the first two rounds, and this year it has a doozy at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday.

In one corner is Woods, the British Open champion, fresh off consecutive victories that brought him his 11th major at Royal Liverpool and his 50th career PGA Tour title at the Buick Open.

In the other corner is Mickelson, the Masters champion, defending PGA champion and the greatest threat to Woods' throne.

Think there'll be any trash-talkin' going on?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Lefty needs to play smarter than he did in the last 2 majors. Tiger doesn't talk too much during his rounds, he's all business. Keep an eye out for someone like DiMarco, or maybe even Villegas. (That kid has got some game.)

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That's right...

kom526 said:
Lefty needs to play smarter than he did in the last 2 majors. Tiger doesn't talk too much during his rounds, he's all business. Keep an eye out for someone like DiMarco, or maybe even Villegas. (That kid has got some game.)

...he's not a chit chatter in big situations like, for instance, Trevino was.

While it wil be intersting to watch Tiger and Phil together, what we all want is Tiger and Phil together on Sunday.

Tiger has won here before, Medinah, in the same tournament, the PGA. His game seems to be under excellent control and, for him, that is almost the same as asking 'who's gonna take second place?'.

This is, however, golf, and nothing is a given. Having said that, I'll take Tiger over the field, which is never a good bet and I figure if Tiger and Phil are not in the last group Sunday, it won't be because Tiger ain't there.

Pete

Repete
They interviewed them both. Tiger made it sound like during a round there is not much talking between players. Maybe a "nice shot" but other than that pure focus.

I wish it was like that with Otter and Air. It is hard to putt when both of them are going "Misssssit Newnan! Misssssit Newnan!

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Pete said:
They interviewed them both. Tiger made it sound like during a round there is not much talking between players. Maybe a "nice shot" but other than that pure focus.

I wish it was like that with Otter and Air. It is hard to putt when both of them are going "Misssssit Newnan! Misssssit Newnan!

Doesn't that fly in the face of proper golfing etiquette? :lol:

Agee

Penn said:

There's "etiquette" in golf? Who knew...

Tiger does look like the hands-down favorite. This tournament however, is known for surprise winners.

kom526

Penn said:
Actually, no it does not fly in the face of proper etiquette. In fact, no round of golf is complete without someone saying (to himself or his competitor) "You couldn't hit your a$$ with both hands." :yay:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
kom526 said:
Actually, no it does not fly in the face of proper etiquette. In fact, no round of golf is complete without someone saying (to himself or his competitor) "You couldn't hit your a$$ with both hands." :yay:

:killingme :killingme Gee, I wonder who, among our celebrated SOMD linksters, would have the acumen to otter, uh, I mean, utter those words?

Pete

Repete
Airgasm said:
There's "etiquette" in golf? Who knew...

Tiger does look like the hands-down favorite. This tournament however, is known for surprise winners.
I understand the etiquette, I am nice. Evertime we play 15 I tell you "Now don't hit it into the water."

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
otter said:
I always compliment Pete on flight and distance when he decides to toss his putter or sand wedge.

:lmao:

I was talking to Boy last night. When I told him his daddy did this, he said "you can do that?" :lmao:

Agee

cattitude said:
:lmao:

I was talking to Boy last night. When I told him his daddy did this, he said "you can do that?" :lmao:

:lmao: childhood innocence...

So fellas, any chance of a round this weekend?

kom526

Airgasm said:

Saturday is out for me, gotta pick out lights for Casa de la Kom. Sunday may be doable, I should know something by Friday night.

Nupe2

Airgasm said:

I'm out. Heading down to Myrtle for a week of sun, sand and GOLF!!!!! See you guys when I get back. :yay:

Agee

Nupe2 said:
I'm out. Heading down to Myrtle for a week of sun, sand and GOLF!!!!! See you guys when I get back. :yay:

Great to see you and meet your son :yay:
Enjoy your chill time!

Head down, right eye, trust your swing.
If only I could practice what I preach,,,

:cheers: