Our boys, Buff and Cooper

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Were rescued on 29 June 2014 from a horrid hoarder. These are the kittens the day before rescue.
Front row, Sue (who was rescued about a year later), Daisy (these 2 are Buff's sisters), Buff (tucked in behind) and Angelina.
Behind them is Harrison, he and Angelina are Cooper's siblings. Loretta, Julie and Linda (the rescuers) said Cooper was hiding under a shed just to picture right.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Buff on rescue day, before Loretta gave him his 1st bath.
They thought he might lose both the left eye and left leg, or at least be blind and lame on that side.

Last edited:

frequentflier

happy to be living
Awww. Not everyone gets the bond cats have amongst themselves and/ or the bond they have with their humans. Most of my kitties won't sleep together or act like they can even tolerate each other but once in awhile...I catch them getting along and being friendly and even a little loving!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
A few minutes ago, Cooper almost came up on the couch because brother Buff was up there, burrowed under his blanket.

We think Cooper has a bit of kitty PTSD from their start in life.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
From what Buff looked like on rescue day, they thought that left hind leg would be crippled, if not needing to be amputated.
This picture, where he is playing toss and catch by himself with a Q-Tip, shows why one of his nicknames is Dancing Buffalo.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
They had a mostly silent, slow motion wrestling match going on tonight that lasted almost 20 minutes.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Awesome story! They are adorable. I have 3 rescues and I absolutely adore cats.
Of the 12 cats Anita and I have had together since adopting The Grey Sisters, Queen Victoria and Calamity Jane, in February 1983, 8 have been Rescue Breed.

Here's they are right around their 17th birthday. They were sisters from an "accidental" litter, born in November 1982.

Queen Victoria made it to 17 1/2.

Calamity Jane made it to 21 years 4 months.