Our First Ride At Maxwell

Tazgirl

Shamrock (Shammy for short) and I had our first trail ride this morning at Maxwell. We get the horses unloaded and start to saddle up, Shammy says hey Taz where is my girth? Girth your Girth, :doh: oh %$#@#, I was putting extra holes in the leather straps and forgot to put the girth back on. Man bummer all this way and we can't ride. Shammy gets this big gleam in her eyes :wink: and says, no problem I'll ride bare back, grinning at me. Well ok I say, it's your butt!!!!

We start out great, then all of a sudden we are attacked :smack: swarmed by biting flies, but we are stoic and we keep on trucking or should I say trailing.

We get to the water and try to get Luke and Jed interested in taking a dip, yeah right!!!! Shammy, the bare back queen, decides to dismount and walk Luke in to the water, (just what was she thinking). Luke put on the brakes and said no way. Shammy tries to mount Luke again and what a sight, I have pictures :popcorn which Shammy will post later today...........thanks to a picnic table up the hill Shammy was able to get back on and head back down to the water.

After a bit we were able to coax both Luke and Jed into the water. Jed just sort of tromped through it like no big deal but Luke was very entertaining. He woud paw the water and splash like crazy, switch legs and paw some more until he and Shammy were both drenched. It was great and quite a sight. :dance:

It was time to go and Jed was ready to lead the way, Luke however did not want to leave the river he was having too much fun gettig everyone wet :popcorn: Taz and Jed headed on up the beach to the trail, knowing full well that when Luke realized he was alone he would hightail it out of that water. :jet: (Should I warn Shammy? Taz says to herself so she can hang on NAW!!!! We have helments on besides Shammy a great rider :otter: )

Oh cripes :tantrum swarmed again let's make a run for it---- off we go when all of a sudden :thewave: we spooked a deer who popped out in front of us, good old Jed just flinched and kept on a going Luke was great and didn't react at all. Bet that poor deer is probaly still running.

Back at the trailer, nursing the fly bites that welped up like mountains, we are truly a happy bunch and had a wonderful time.

Truly despite the flies we did have a great time and I just want to say if you can do it get the membership and go there it is worth it....

Shamrock don't forget to post the pics!!! PLEASE and yes you have to include the one of you tryig to get back on Luke.

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
Tazgirl said:
Shamrock (Shammy for short) and I had our first trail ride this morning at Maxwell.

Sounds like you guys had a blast! And what a great day to go to the river. As for me.... I'm stuck here at work :ohwell:

ShamrockArabs

Yes, this morning was a blast!!! Except for the stinkin' bugs!!

And you can forget about me posting the pic of me trying to get back on the horse...... :smack:

Anyways, I need to resize some of the pictures. I have to run out for a few hours, but I will be back and post the pictures then! :howdy:

ShamrockArabs

happyappygirl said:
:tantrum

Welcome Shammy! SO glad the ole shoulder is back into play again! :yay:

Te says hello to Kohrvette :wave:

Hi Happy! This isn't "B" it's "M"...her side kick I guess you can call me! :howdy: Her shoulder is doing a lot better! I'll tell Khorvette Te said hi....I thought they were suppose to have a "play" date?

Last edited:

ShamrockArabs

Here are some of the pics from today's trail ride!

Attachments

• Jed & Sandy1.jpg
    Jed & Sandy1.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 155
  • Luke & Michele1.jpg
    Luke & Michele1.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 142
  • Jed & Sandy2.jpg
    Jed & Sandy2.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 141
  • Luke playing.jpg
    Luke playing.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 130
  • Luke & Michele2.jpg
    Luke & Michele2.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 152

ShamrockArabs

And a few more....

Attachments

• Jed & Sandy3.jpg
    Jed & Sandy3.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 135
  • Luke & MIchele3.jpg
    Luke & MIchele3.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 142
  • Jed & Sandy4.jpg
    Jed & Sandy4.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 139

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Great pics!! :howdy: Where did you ride out of?? What a great day for a beach ride other then the bugs.

Ooops, I just saw that you rode out of Maxwell. :jameo:

Last edited:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
ShamrockArabs said:
Hi Happy! This isn't "B" it's "M"...her side kick I guess you can call me! :howdy: Her shoulder is doing a lot better! I'll tell Khorvette Te said hi....I thought they were suppose to have a "play" date?
my little one has started jumping her, so she didnt want to interrupt a perfectly good season with an early foal next year, so we're going to play this fall. So we'll fully expect that you'll have a replacement jumper ready for my little one while her Te is doing bebe duty for you and Ms B.