Our great governor and your tax dollars!

mitzi

So, that works out to be about $200 per Chromebook.
Someone cannot afford $200 for a Chromebook BUT, they can afford a $100+ per month Internet bill??
Interesting...

If they're low income/disabled to qualify for the Chromebook then they would qualify for the discounted internet service.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I wonder if there are any modern government programs that actually help poor people achieve a middle class lifestyle.

I know a lot of people benefitted from the GI bill to pay for their education and to get a zero down home loan. But most of the other programs just seem to be vote buying gimmicks or something that financially benefits the donors of the people making the decisions.

And things provided at no cost to the end user should never be labeled as free. Sure they are free to the person using it. But it's actually taxpayer subsidized, not free.

DannyMotorcycle

They probably have surplus chromebooks from schools but probably are buying brand new ones.. which is another scam they have going..
My son was in 5th grade last year.. They assigned him a crappy old chromebook. He never brought it home. One morning he opens it up to find it cracked and tells the teacher. Now the school wants $300+ for a chromebook that you probably have a hard time selling for $50 even not cracked. My wife thought we have to pay it because she signed some student pledge thing that was a dozen or two pages long.... I tried to tell her that's not a legally binding contract.. If you dont' initial every page, that page isn't valid.. They have no proof that the page wasnt' switched out with other wording.. or even present. At least she's decided to hold off on paying it, but thinks it'll be a problem when he goes to graduate high school later. We'll see. I learned that in business law I at the U of MD.. So boys and girls if you're ever trying to go into a contract with someone and you want to hold them to it, make sure they initial every interior page and not just signing the last page.