Our National Embarassment

CPUSA

Active Member
It's not "billions and billons per year", it's a $10 billion project and if it's anything like the first lines (Nord Stream) Germany won't pay for all of it. 30% of Nord Stream was shareholder equity and the other 70% was from bank financing. With Germany's Nat. Gas needs increasing with nat. gas production from other European countries declining, it was their best choice. Especially since Germany (and the UK, France, Belgium, and the Netherlands) will benefit from lower gas prices. Russia wants to route through the Baltic Sea because of tensions with Ukraine and routing through there costs them more money than routing it via the Baltic Sea. Note that they've had 2 pipelines in place since 2011 and this project (Nord Stream 2) is running parallel pipe lines to double capacity.
Whew!! Glad you cleared that up. See, I was under the impression that the billions & billions per year meant that, AFTER spending billions on the pipeline, then they would pay billions & billions per year for the gas as well. But now I understand, from your post; that they will be getting that gas for free...and i'm glad you cleared up that NONE of the shareholder equity is coming from German business people. And that other 70%?...I guess those banks are Swiss banks? Maybe Canadian banks? Maybe Cayman Island banks?...but NOT German Banks!! Why on Earth would German banks invest in...EU interests? And, unlike here in the suckazz USA, I'm sure the German peasantry won't somehow get stuck with the bill. I'm so glad you vaguely cleared up the point our President was making...
 

This_person

Well-Known Member
She clicked her heels and he spiraled out of control and the sudden stop killed him.
It seems more likely it was a bomb placed on board, although the FBI claims there was "suspicious boating activity" below the plane. I have no idea what that means, but the FBI thought so.
 

Hijinx

Well-Known Member
She clicked her heels and he spiraled out of control and the sudden stop killed him.
Flying a plane that he wasn't qualified to fly and going into weather that he wasn't equipped to fly in and possibly high on dope helped a little.

We will never know for sure, No autopsy and cremated so that he could not be exhumed, and his ashes tossed into the ocean.
Old Teddy covered all the bases.
He had experience at it after his own "accident" with Mary Jo.
 

Chris0nllyn

Well-Known Member
Whew!! Glad you cleared that up. See, I was under the impression that the billions & billions per year meant that, AFTER spending billions on the pipeline, then they would pay billions & billions per year for the gas as well. But now I understand, from your post; that they will be getting that gas for free...and i'm glad you cleared up that NONE of the shareholder equity is coming from German business people. And that other 70%?...I guess those banks are Swiss banks? Maybe Canadian banks? Maybe Cayman Island banks?...but NOT German Banks!! Why on Earth would German banks invest in...EU interests? And, unlike here in the suckazz USA, I'm sure the German peasantry won't somehow get stuck with the bill. I'm so glad you vaguely cleared up the point our President was making...
Germany needs natural gas. They're going to pay Ukraine, Russia, and whomever else they can get it from. Why do we (Trump) care who a soverign country gets their gas from?

One German back is involved in financing.

I added a bit of information our President conveniently leaves out of his stances on a subject. I can see how dumbing it down may help you, but there's more information out there on this project if you're curious.
 

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Germany needs natural gas. They're going to pay Ukraine, Russia, and whomever else they can get it from. Why do we (Trump) care who a soverign country gets their gas from?

One German back is involved in financing..
And a former chancellor is on Gazproms BoD... But that aside, I hope to see a lot more US NG headed their way before too much longer. Or when the Russkies throw a hissy and turn off the spigot...

You have to admit there is more than a certain amount of irony in the simple fact that we pay the lion's share of NATO costs...ostensibly to defend members against the Russian bear, whilst those same members are busy making cozy business deals that increase their dependency on ..Russia.

Frankly, I'd like to see us draw down on our NATO role, if not abandon it altogether.
 
Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yet Russia is part of NATO's Partnership for Peace and has been for 24 years?
https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natolive/topics_82584.htm
Just another reason I feel the whole basis for staying in NATO and/or keeping it at is has gone away. Russia is NOT our friend..Russia is Russia's friend only and it's been that way since forever.

I was both proud and somewhat saddened by the weak NATO response to events in Ukraine and Georgia a few years back. I watched naval vessels I helped to design and build for some NATO navies sally forth in a symbolic deployment of protest and opposition...and at the same time I realized how pitifully weak that response actually was.
 
Last edited:

BOP

Well-Known Member
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nato-summit/at-nato-trump-slams-germany-as-russian-captive-idUSKBN1K032D

So what does this buffoon want? Does he want Germany out and Russia in? Or does he just want to blow up NATO altogether and make this the Russo/China Century?

What the f*** is this moron going to give away when he meets with Putin? He already gave UN everything he N. Korea wanted...will he do the same with Putin?
You're not real smort, are you?

From the Daily Beast - oh, and just so you know, the BBC's "fact-finding" was flawed, and Trump's figures are correct. Read the last part.

dailybeast natural gas.jpg
 

SamSpade

Well-Known Member
Germany needs natural gas. They're going to pay Ukraine, Russia, and whomever else they can get it from. Why do we (Trump) care who a soverign country gets their gas from?
Because through our support - we're paying THEM. We're giving them lunch money and they're handing it to Putin.

It's the old capitalist selling you the rope he will hang you with.
 

BOP

Well-Known Member
It's not "billions and billons per year", it's a $10 billion project and if it's anything like the first lines (Nord Stream) Germany won't pay for all of it. 30% of Nord Stream was shareholder equity and the other 70% was from bank financing. With Germany's Nat. Gas needs increasing with nat. gas production from other European countries declining, it was their best choice. Especially since Germany (and the UK, France, Belgium, and the Netherlands) will benefit from lower gas prices. Russia wants to route through the Baltic Sea because of tensions with Ukraine and routing through there costs them more money than routing it via the Baltic Sea. Note that they've had 2 pipelines in place since 2011 and this project (Nord Stream 2) is running parallel pipe lines to double capacity.
I remember Nord Stream and Nord Stream II...Both John Kerry and Joe "Shotgun" Biden were against the pipelines before they were for them. Awkward!

https://112.international/ukraine-top-news/kerry-ukraine-for-the-first-time-receives-more-gas-from-europe-than-from-russia-4580.html

John Kerry also criticized “Nord Stream – 2” and noted, that the gas pipeline project raises a debate on both coasts of the Atlantic and that implementation of the project may negatively affect Ukraine, Slovakia and other countries of Eastern Europe. “We mustn’t overlook this issue”, - Kerry stated.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-energy-europe-usa-idUKKCN1101BS?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=57bf253e04d301446fa960c0&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said on Thursday the United States believed the Nord Stream 2 pipeline involving Russia and several European energy companies was a “bad deal” for Europe.
 

Hijinx

Well-Known Member
I remember Nord Stream and Nord Stream II...Both John Kerry and Joe "Shotgun" Biden were against the pipelines before they were for them. Awkward!

https://112.international/ukraine-top-news/kerry-ukraine-for-the-first-time-receives-more-gas-from-europe-than-from-russia-4580.html

John Kerry also criticized “Nord Stream – 2” and noted, that the gas pipeline project raises a debate on both coasts of the Atlantic and that implementation of the project may negatively affect Ukraine, Slovakia and other countries of Eastern Europe. “We mustn’t overlook this issue”, - Kerry stated.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-energy-europe-usa-idUKKCN1101BS?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=57bf253e04d301446fa960c0&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said on Thursday the United States believed the Nord Stream 2 pipeline involving Russia and several European energy companies was a “bad deal” for Europe.
Why are you going to jack Chris up with facts BOP.

So many things they criticize Trump for when looked at with open unbiased eyes prove that Trump is right.
 

workerbee

New Member
Top