Our own backyard?

kelsiann

Anyone read the new fugly post?
made me a bit uneasy to have something like that happen so close.

(Granted, I don't have my own horse but still a scary thought..)

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
"There were such nice horses in the slaughter pen, some had brand new blankets on, new halters...I wonder if their owners knew what happened that day at the auction, and where they were headed..."

WOW i've never been..is this true? :bawl:

DQ87

that article made me cry, don't you wish you had millions and could just buy all of them and give everyone a wonderful home! its just so sad

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn
Wow.. Jazz/Nic was a bred at Tocaro Farm in Fairhaven.. nice place, nice horses.. I always wondered what happened to them after Dan Westfield died. Kelley Bailey is a nice person. So sad how this stuff happens.

kelsiann

that article made me cry, don't you wish you had millions and could just buy all of them and give everyone a wonderful home! its just so sad

No kidding.
To bad we all weren't rich out the wazoo and lived on huge farms to house all the horsies. =/ At least we are able to save what we can.

Wait4It..boom

That article was difficult to read. I tried to buy a Belgian recently but he had already been sold (I couldn't believe how many Belgians were listed in the Ohio sale to KBs).
Is this really what auctions are like? Good horses that are getting dumped? I haven't been to one either.

covekat

So much of that story doesnt make sense...I have some theories as to how that horse ended up there... and I know the people involved, except for the woman at Equilibrium... dont know her personally, but have heard enough about her to feel like I'm not missing much. :whistle:

Loper

Animal Poor!
well I didn't read the story, but I have a wonderful little 3 year old that was rescued from New Holland at 6 months from Royal Equine Rescue. I went with a friend to check a rescue in Bel Air and this little girl was just pulled! She was an in your pocket baby!

covekat

I've met two seperate "dealers" down here (south of Waldorf) and both frequent NH... so just be careful of those "wonderful" people you give/sell your horses cheap to.