Our utterly clueless President

transporter

The comments from our President at the G7 meeting are things I would expect to read from the dunderheads on here...not from the President:

Trump, for first time, signals regret China trade war has escalated

Trump claimed to have not discussed a joint approach to Iran, even though French officials insisted an agreement had been reached between each of the leaders Saturday night. “I haven’t discussed that,” Trump said. “We will do our own outreach, but I can't stop people from talking. If they want to talk they can talk.” Trump administration officials have previously criticized the French for talking to Iran.

He quipped to reporters that North Korea hadn’t violated any rules by launching missiles, only to be quickly corrected by Japanese leader Shinzo Abe.

“We’re in the world of missiles folks, whether you like it or not,” Trump said, adding he understands how Abe “feels that way.”

“I’m not happy about it,” he said of North Korea’s launches, but continued to praise Kim Jong Un.

He suggested that multiple foreign leaders had told him they agreed that Russia should be readmitted to the G-7, when Europeans have been adamant that Russia should remain ostracized and argued with Trump about it at a dinner Saturday evening. Trump declined to specify who had agreed with him. “I could but I don’t believe that’s necessary,” he said.

The above is classic Trump. He states something this is provably false (lies). Reporters call him out on it and he just says it is not important that he lied or worth his time to prove what he said is true. (The ignorati types believe Trump and claim the reporters are lying!!!)
Still, his tactics with China appear to be shifting. On Friday, Trump had said “I hereby order” U.S. companies to prepare to stop doing business with China, a shocking statement that drew rebuke from a range of U.S. firms. When he was pressed on whether he actually had the power to make such a directive, Trump cited a 1977 law that — during an emergency — gives the president broad latitude to intervene.

In a reversal, Trump on Sunday said he had no plans to invoke this law, making it appear that he is also backing down from his push for companies to withdraw from China.

“I have no plans right now,” Trump said. “Actually we’re getting along very well with China right now.”

The above is also classic Trump who claims to have authoritarian power to do whatever he pleases. Note that he ran his campaign largely in opposition to the abuse of power he claimed Obama engaged in! So he claims this universal authority to do whatever he pleases...but he isn't going to use it. Infantile.

Just to point out the stunningly obvious: 2 days ago, Trump proclaimed Chinese President XI our "enemy" while he was slapping higher tariffs on China because they had the audacity to slap higher tariffs in response to Trump's raising of tariffs!! So we are clearly not "getting along very well with China right now".

It is amazing that this man, who clearly has no idea what he is doing, has support of any American.

CPUSA