Out of all the closings

WheezyCarl

Ron White and a Highly Suspect concert. Bush and Breaking Benjamin in July, I'm not very optimistic we're going there either.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Which one has bothered you the most? restaurants, events, schools...

Mine was the Celtic fest
Celtic Festival was a big one for my family - we love the CF. I have worked all but 2 of them since 2005. :bawl:

Restaurants, happy hour, movies. I want to travel to visit friends out of state and have to wait until the employer lifts their "must self quarantine" if I do. Parks.

Scootboot

Once they said to wear masks all the closures piss me off. If wearing a mask is the answer then why the frick didn't you say that from the beginning? Instead we were told not to wear them or they weren't necessary. Then all of a sudden you must wear a mask. Ok I will if it really matters but then open every business too. Why can't I go into Hobby Lobby when I can go stand in line in Walmart and Lowes?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Once they said to wear masks all the closures piss me off. If wearing a mask is the answer then why the frick didn't you say that from the beginning? Instead we were told not to wear them or they weren't necessary. Then all of a sudden you must wear a mask.

Mask makers must have bought some politicians.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Once they said to wear masks all the closures piss me off. If wearing a mask is the answer then why the frick didn't you say that from the beginning? Instead we were told not to wear them or they weren't necessary. Then all of a sudden you must wear a mask. Ok I will if it really matters but then open every business too. Why can't I go into Hobby Lobby when I can go stand in line in Walmart and Lowes?
Wearing masks are for pussies.

Here ya go. Take your pick to print out. Use, one, or both. It does work.
unofficial-flyers.jpg

SamSpade

At the top - probably church. Besides the people to whom I am the closest, my wife works one of her jobs there, the kids see their friends, they have youth group and all the functions of church, the benevolence, the service. THAT is probably the biggest one.

After that - all of the sports and sports related functions my kids and family are a part of. Virtually every recreational outlet that doesn't involve tapping quietly on a cell phone. All of the organizations we participate in.

Being able to see the kid's grandparents - my in-laws, my mother. My kids being able to play with their friends.

And near the top of my list are things like clothing stores and anything of the sort that isn't Wal-Mart. I've had to order tons of stuff online.

When I hear people dismissive of all of these things, they're probably the sort that doesn't need them as I do. "You can do without all of those things". Yes, but why would I want to? We might as well all have ankle bracelets because with few exceptions, it is exactly like house arrest. I know, because I had a sister who had to wear one. It's exactly like that.

PeoplesElbow

Pretty sure hobby lobby is their choice as Michael's has been open lately.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I am actually really liking YouTube church. What really stinked is missing the AHL game that we had tickets for in April. We have been going to a Hershey Bears game over Easter/Spring Break weekend for almost 10 years.

SamSpade

I am actually really liking YouTube church. What really stinked is missing the AHL game that we had tickets for in April. We have been going to a Hershey Bears game over Easter/Spring Break weekend for almost 10 years.

Yeah, the moment the pandemic broke we had to cancel every vacation and family plan for the spring and summer and all travel plans to see family.
My 81 year old Mom keeps asking when we can drive down to visit, because I think she forgets that we really can't.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Yeah, the moment the pandemic broke we had to cancel every vacation and family plan for the spring and summer and all travel plans to see family.
My 81 year old Mom keeps asking when we can drive down to visit, because I think she forgets that we really can't.
Where is she? Do you stay with her when you visit?

SamSpade

Pretty sure hobby lobby is their choice as Michael's has been open lately.

My wife wondered about this - why is Michael's open and Hobby Lobby is not? She said JoAnn's is open (I am assuming she's right) but it can seem essential because it sells fabric, and people make clothes? (That doesn't make sense to me, since most clothing only stores ARE closed). But what does Micheal's have?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I know the feeling. My mom is 82 and I haven't been able to see her either.

SamSpade

Where is she? Do you stay with her when you visit?

A very long drive away in a retirement community. We do usually stay with her, because she has a good sized home. And we are really trying to persuade her NOT to buy an even BIGGER home (which she wants to buy so ALL of her family can visit - which they don't typically do, because they live hundreds of miles away).

We HAVE points now for a hotel stay (thanks to cancelled vacations and the places graciously giving points for being cancelled). But there are other considerations I can't go into. We just can't visit practically until the pandemic goes away.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My 87 year old mother stays with us here on the island part time, staying with other family in Va and WV the rest of the time. Missing her time here and her favorite brunch at Tall Timbers. She’s been parked in WV for a while now.

PeoplesElbow

My wife wondered about this - why is Michael's open and Hobby Lobby is not? She said JoAnn's is open (I am assuming she's right) but it can seem essential because it sells fabric, and people make clothes? (That doesn't make sense to me, since most clothing only stores ARE closed). But what does Micheal's have?
Well I bought some Easter candy at a deep discount, some leather tools, and a picture frame. It is basically the same stuff as hobby lobby without the fabric section as far as I can tell.

Basically if some place is closed now it is by choice.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
A very long drive away in a retirement community. We do usually stay with her, because she has a good sized home. And we are really trying to persuade her NOT to buy an even BIGGER home (which she wants to buy so ALL of her family can visit - which they don't typically do, because they live hundreds of miles away).

We HAVE points now for a hotel stay (thanks to cancelled vacations and the places graciously giving points for being cancelled). But there are other considerations I can't go into. We just can't visit practically until the pandemic goes away.
My mom lives close by. I’ve offered to visit but she says no. :sshrug: