Outback in California

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
We haven't been there in months... but got take out a couple weeks ago.. brought it home and we were disappointed. Tonight we decided to try it again but we ate in. Disappointed once again. Food was cold when brought to the table, hubby got fish and it was nothing but grease and the service was very slow even though they were not crowded..

I don't think we will be going back anytime soon :(

itsbob

I bowl overhand
We haven't been there in months... but got take out a couple weeks ago.. brought it home and we were disappointed. Tonight we decided to try it again but we ate in. Disappointed once again. Food was cold when brought to the table, hubby got fish and it was nothing but grease and the service was very slow even though they were not crowded..

I think our area has a limited restaurant management pool.. Seems like the same manager(s) are working their way from restaurant to restaurant and bringing them down. They close one, but now have YEARS experience as a manager so the next place hires them.. Either they figure it out and get rid of their manager, or they'll follow suit and close their doors in a few months.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Wow. Try the one in PF, if you're up this way. We've been going there since it opened and I have not had a bad steak there once. And we always have pretty decent service, too.

I get the same thing, usually, but that's because when I go there, it's because I don't want to cook steak on the grill myself (out in the cold!!) It's always been cooked the way I order it, and nice & hot when it arrived. Thing2 usually gets a burger and loves it every time. Thing 1 tries different things but they've always hot when he gets it.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
Wow. Try the one in PF, if you're up this way. We've been going there since it opened and I have not had a bad steak there once. And we always have pretty decent service, too.

I get the same thing, usually, but that's because when I go there, it's because I don't want to cook steak on the grill myself (out in the cold!!) It's always been cooked the way I order it, and nice & hot when it arrived. Thing2 usually gets a burger and loves it every time. Thing 1 tries different things but they've always hot when he gets it.

That's where we were going to go.. then decided to go over to St. Mary's instead. Now I wish we had tried Prince Frederick. I actually like Boomerangs or Adams for ribs.. but it was kiddos birthday and she picked Outback.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I think our area has a limited restaurant management pool.. Seems like the same manager(s) are working their way from restaurant to restaurant and bringing them down. They close one, but now have YEARS experience as a manager so the next place hires them.. Either they figure it out and get rid of their manager, or they'll follow suit and close their doors in a few months.

You couldn't last a week in Frederick with even mediocre service let alone poor and bad food puts you out in 72 hours.

Guess there just aren't very many unemployed folks with successful management backgrounds in SOMD. I think that is another key up here; commuters more than happy to trade the drive to DC in exchange for the stress of food service that is at least close to home.

:buddies: <------- served quickly and properly in a frosted pint glass.

glhs837

Power with Control
I do have to ask, was that the only bad experience you have had with them? I usually give any place that does bad once a second chance. Nobody and no thing is perfect.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
We went last Friday and besides waiting a few extra minutes for my husband's A1 sauce, it was fine. The restaurant was busy so it was to be expected. We have about $300 in gift cards that we're slowly trying to get through so we tried dining in instead of carry-out. We've only been to the one in PF once and service was fine there too.

lovinmaryland

You should send an email to the owner (go on their website) I did when we had a really bad visit (Service was horrible, food barely warm, but the main thing was we ordered my 4 year old son grilled shrimp for his meal and they put spicy cayenne seasoning on it. It was so spicy I couldnt even eat it.) He contacted me and sent us a gift certificate to go back and give it another try. When we went back everything was excellent.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not an enormous fan of Outback. Typically when I go out, I want something I can't (easily) make at home.

Our restaurant talent pool down here is limited with regard to managers, servers and cooks. There's just not enough population to choose from.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Interesting...I went to Outback this past week, had good food and good service, nothing was cold, no problems besides the waiter having bricks for brains. He did a decent job though, no complaints. I had fish that was pretty good, but that was a pleasant surprise since Outback is known for their STEAK.

The wait was somewhat long but it always seems to be busy there.

ftcret

I'm not an enormous fan of Outback. Typically when I go out, I want something I can't (easily) make at home.

Our restaurant talent pool down here is limited with regard to managers, servers and cooks. There's just not enough population to choose from.

There are plenty in the pool, Just short on someone willing to turn on the filter and toss the bad ones.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Went to Outback, Cali last Sunday. The wait was long..the food was OK. No complaints but nothing to 'rave' about. I was reminded why I don't go there often..and was also reminded how much I miss Lone Star when they were on their game because IMO they served better food. But not any more, they don't...

lovinmaryland

We like to go for appetizers and a few drinks. I dont really order steaks out and cant see why people do. Their steaks run about $20 a pop and they are normally all fatty. For $20 bucks I can grill 2 big fat porterhouses that would kick Outbacks steaks ass up and down the street :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Lone Star

Yuck. Lone Star is just half a step above Golden Corral, as far as I'm concerned. They had a pretty good Whiskey Salmon, but other than that...

That said, Monterey is about the only place I absolutely refuse to eat at. Why everyone raves about that horrifying white sauce is beyond me.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
For $20 bucks I can grill 2 big fat porterhouses that would kick Outbacks steaks ass up and down the street :yay:

x2! I actually feel silly buying steak in a restaurant when I have half an Angus in the freezer at all times. It's the whole "let somebody else to the work tonight' thing, I guess. That ..and I can never eat too much steak. ;-)

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yuck. Lone Star is just half a step above Golden Corral, as far as I'm concerned. They had a pretty good Whiskey Salmon, but other than that...

If that!...but there was a time when the food they put out (I'm talking about the LP location) was excellent. The depths their quality fell was actually quite astounding to me...speaking as a 'semi regular'. It fell off a cliff in a very short period of time. I've no idea why..other than the usual 'bad manager took over' kinds of rumors.

Vince

That's where we were going to go.. then decided to go over to St. Mary's instead. Now I wish we had tried Prince Frederick. I actually like Boomerangs or Adams for ribs.. but it was kiddos birthday and she picked Outback.
Yeah, when it comes to ribs, Adams or Boomerangs. :yay:

Bonehead

No way

I can never eat ribs out. Nothing beats baby back ribs cooked low and slow at home. Sorry no comparison.