Outdoor Arena Lights

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
I need some advice regarding outdoor arena lighting. What kind of lights have you folks used? We are lighting a 80 foot by 200 foot arena. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg (already did that with fencing) but want something that will not shine in my eyes and will give enough light for a pleasant night ride without shadows.

How high does the poles need to be? Where did you get your poles?

Thanks so much! :flowers:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
My neighbor has telephone poles and sinks them in the ground for people if you want his name/number just pm me

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
come see our new field at night. Rottncop installed lighting on it along with the Ritchie waterer, and it will give you an idea of how large a light lights the area, thus how many lights to use for what area. We installed it on a tree, but a telephone pole works just as well. We have some large augers if you need to borrow one too go on your new tractor.

Sparks

There's a place in Warsaw, VA called Wood Preservers that sells the poles and will deliver to Southern MD. I think most people place the lights about 20-25' high.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
happyappygirl said:
come see our new field at night. Rottncop installed lighting on it along with the Ritchie waterer, and it will give you an idea of how large a light lights the area, thus how many lights to use for what area. We installed it on a tree, but a telephone pole works just as well. We have some large augers if you need to borrow one too go on your new tractor.
You have an auger??

Can I borrow it? I have to install a flagpole, and really not looking forward to digging the hole..

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Busterduck said:
I need some advice regarding outdoor arena lighting. What kind of lights have you folks used? We are lighting a 80 foot by 200 foot arena. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg (already did that with fencing) but want something that will not shine in my eyes and will give enough light for a pleasant night ride without shadows.

How high does the poles need to be? Where did you get your poles?

Thanks so much! :flowers:

Hey Busterduck, bring a tape measure over. :kiss:

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
Sparks said:
There's a place in Warsaw, VA called Wood Preservers that sells the poles and will deliver to Southern MD. I think most people place the lights about 20-25' high.

I think 20 would be great. Do you know how deep you would have to set a pole of that height?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Busterduck said:
I think 20 would be great. Do you know how deep you would have to set a pole of that height?

When my neighbor did my telephone pole he put it 6 feet down..

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
happyappygirl said:

Thanks Happy, I have to get over your house soon to see your new stalls and, of course, the new babies.