Outlook

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Here's what I want to do:

Many times I get emails from clients or readers where I need to keep track of what I've done about them or how I responded. What I'd like to do is attach a note to the email saying I left a message for this person on such-and-such date or spoke to them or whatever.

Is there a way to do this? Right now I print the email and write my notes on it, but I hate having all those pieces of paper floating around.

K

Kain99

Create a responded folder: Hit forward on the message type your notes and send it to yourself..... Wa la! May not be highly technical but It'll work!

nomoney

Not sure if its exactly what you're looking for; but you can Flag a message for follow up if you'd like. The message can be flagged with your own comments or there are preset comments also. (you can also set a due date if need be).

just select the desired message, go to the actions menu, and select the flag for follow up command. Then select the Flag To list, the reason...and the rest should be pretty self explanatory.

Pete

Repete
I use post it notes
on the monitor.
Right now I have
about a 2 X 2 inch
viewable area, it is
a PITA but it works.
See ^^

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:

Many times I get emails from clients or readers where I need to keep track of what I've done about them or how I responded. What I'd like to do is attach a note to the email saying I left a message for this person on such-and-such date or spoke to them or whatever.

Is there a way to do this? Right now I print the email and write my notes on it, but I hate having all those pieces of paper floating around.
You should have a "Notes" icon in your Outlook shortcuts (on the left) that looks like a Post-It notepad. You can create a note with your ramblings on it then attach it to the email. I use it all the time.

nomoney said:
Not sure if its exactly what you're looking for; but you can Flag a message for follow up if you'd like. The message can be flagged with your own comments or there are preset comments also. (you can also set a due date if need be).

just select the desired message, go to the actions menu, and select the flag for follow up command. Then select the Flag To list, the reason...and the rest should be pretty self explanatory.

That's a good way. Or you can open the e-mail and insert comment. When you're done just hit save and close the e-mail.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I know that monitor....

Pete said:
I use post it notes
on the monitor.
Right now I have
about a 2 X 2 inch
viewable area, it is
a PITA but it works.
See ^^
Damn. Did you ever work at IH? :lmao:

You can also open the message and choose "Edit Message" from the drop down menu under "Edit"

Last edited:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:

It's obviously too complicated for you. I think you should just let Larry handle it from now on. :killingme

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
nomoney said:
The message can be flagged with your own comments or there are preset comments also. (you can also set a due date if need be).
What an effing dummy. I didn't even realize you could put your own comments in that field - I thought you had to select one of their presets. :dork:

Okay, this suggestion works...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
jazz lady said:
You should have a "Notes" icon in your Outlook shortcuts (on the left) that looks like a Post-It notepad. You can create a note with your ramblings on it then attach it to the email. I use it all the time.
Okay, I couldn't figure out how to attach a note to an email BUT I can drag the email to my notes and add comments from there.

This one works too...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Kain99 said:
Create a responded folder: Hit forward on the message type your notes and send it to yourself..... Wa la! May not be highly technical but It'll work!
I think we're both learning something here. :kiss:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Taskers

I use the "tasks" to keep track of the status of various projects at work (when I got it, actions taken, when it's come back to me and back to whomever). You can name your "task" by customer, and just keep a running tally of what you've done/said/sent/etc. in there, and you don't have to worry about filing/searching/etc. for anything later except the person's name on the list.
When you pull it up, you can keep adding notes to it or whatever info you want and just save and close it. I've tried keeping track of stuff before using various inboxes, but it's more of a PITA to sift through. :ohwell: You can always make a note of the date/time/subject of the email in the tasker.