Ovarian Cyst?

mamatutu

mama to two
Being nervous about cancer is not going to change the pathology report. I truly believe you have very little to worry about. Being an 19 year cancer survivor, I have a little saying I go by, and it helps me to not worry about cancer, it goes, "It's NOT cancer until they say it's cancer". So just enjoy your life, and do your best to not worry. :hugs:

I am sorry about your bout with cancer. I am glad you are still with us. Your posts on this forum are always so very good, informative, and thought provoking; plus, you always have something nice to say no matter the convo. :huggy:

Christy

b*tch rocket
If you do opt for a hysterectomy, have them take the ovaries too. It depends on your age though, and of course, what to do is up to you, and not us. I had the same problem with fibroids, and pain but I was 43 years old. They advised a total hyst. I've never regretted it for an instant. I wish you luck with making the right decision for you.

So how did that work out with having everything removed? Did you do hormone replacement therapy?

Reason I'm asking is that I have to get a radical hysterectomy, all of it gone, plus some other cutting away at things due to deeply invasive endometriosis. I really have no option to keep anything, so I just want to be prepared. Am I going to go bonkers due to the immediate lack of female hormones and such?

CRHS89

So how was it Christy? I am having my innards removed in a few weeks. I am also wondering about hormone replacement therapy.

I had a complete removal after my Mom died in 2001 of complications of hormonal replacement therapy. Best decision I ever made! Some lack of hormone symptoms but well worth the worry. She had been prescribed a hormone replacement drug that caused her cancer.