over the counter meds ?

J

jp2854

what have you found that works the best for chest colds that is over the counter?

J

jp2854

i actually have that in teh house and was going to try it but wasn't sure it would work on a chest cold. I have the one with expectrant in it.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
i actually have that in teh house and was going to try it but wasn't sure it would work on a chest cold. I have the one with expectrant in it.

If you have it why don't you use it and then you will know if it works or not? Just a thought

Last edited:
J

jp2854

i just never thought to use it for this. i will try it out thanks catt and struggler

MMDad

Lem Putt
Wirelessly posted (Change we can believe in!: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7) 320x240; VZW; Motorola-Q9c; Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard)

The only thing that works to cure a cold is time and rest. Meds make you feel better, but some doctors believe that they prolong illness by interrupting natural responses.

J

jp2854

no alcohol for me bob. I took some musinex dm. I think i am on my way back to bed til noon then i might get up and get moving again as I been up since 530am :(

BuckinRut

If it's in your chest I highly suggest you get a Swine Flu test because over the counter meds will not help. I just went through it myself. Please go see your doctor.

R

rhenderson

If its in your chest, you probably have bronchitis not a cold. If so you need antibiotics which are not available over the counter.

J

jp2854

but i am not coughing up green and that is the only way they will give me antibiotics.

B

BET

Wirelessly posted (Change we can believe in!: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7) 320x240; VZW; Motorola-Q9c; Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard)

The only thing that works to cure a cold is time and rest. Meds make you feel better, but some doctors believe that they prolong illness by interrupting natural responses.

My doctor says this too. But at night when sick, I use Vicks Nyquil (cold and flu). It takes care of all symptoms and knocks you out as an added bonus!