Over used words

rio

This post is like so totally mind blowing, right? It's like, amazing to think how many awesome words are, so like, literally overused, like so totally, every day. Mind blown, right? I mean, like for sure, literally. Dude, like, am I right? Totally, I know.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
This post is like so totally mind blowing, right? It's like, amazing to think how many awesome words are, so like, literally overused, like so totally, every day. Mind blown, right? I mean, like for sure, literally. Dude, like, am I right? Totally, I know.
Bitchen post!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I would say the most overused word for the last 5 years has been.... Trump.
Have you heard any other word used in speech, on TV, on the radio, or in the written word more than Trump?
"Insurrection" is quickly climbing up the charts

PeoplesElbow

Obviously

woogie

At the end of the day, when we have all of the boots on the ground, we will initiate a thorough internal investigation into this lack of inclusiveness and commence with a robust effort to increase the vibrancy of our community and enhance the diversity of our population by committing more public resources to bringing more social justice to this imbalance of equality. And after taking this all under advisement we feel the impact on the whole will be negligible.

This will result in everyone feeling non-threatened and gender neutral and empowered.

Howzat for wurdz?? Yo?

slowlane

"AWESOME", when used for average routine things. "I'd like (a certain menu item)"......"Awesome!"

"LIKE" = (felt or thought something). I'm like, she was like, etc.

"NESTLED" when describing a house for sale, or a vacation site. Our inn is "nestled" between a crack house and a methadone clinic.

"NICE" - Can't people be more creative? How about delightful, pleasant, charming, enjoyable, lovely, genial, captivating, intriguing, etc.

Last edited:

SamSpade

"NICE" - Can't people be more creative? How about delightful, pleasant, charming, enjoyable, lovely, genial, captivating, intriguing, etc.
"Nice" has evolved so much over centuries. It once meant ignorant or foolish - from Latin nescius, or "not know".
By Shakespeare's time, it additionally meant, common, ordinary - like your typical ignorant person.

By the 1700's it came to mean mildly agreeable, as in, have a nice day, which is mostly what it means now.