Ovi suspended 3 games

Hank

my war
Already without leading scorer Nicklas Backstrom (concussion) and star defenseman Mike Green (sports hernia surgery), the Capitals learned Monday they will be without All-Star left wing Alex Ovechkin until Feb. 4, when they visit the Montreal Canadiens.

Ovechkin received a three-game suspension Monday for leaving his feet and ramming his shoulder into the head of Penguins defenseman Zbynek Michalek in the second period of the Capitals’ 4-3 overtime loss in Pittsburgh Sunday afternoon.

Ovechkin suspended three games

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Already without leading scorer Nicklas Backstrom (concussion) and star defenseman Mike Green (sports hernia surgery), the Capitals learned Monday they will be without All-Star left wing Alex Ovechkin until Feb. 4, when they visit the Montreal Canadiens.

Ovechkin received a three-game suspension Monday for leaving his feet and ramming his shoulder into the head of Penguins defenseman Zbynek Michalek in the second period of the Capitals’ 4-3 overtime loss in Pittsburgh Sunday afternoon.

Be interesting to see who steps up and how well they do -- it's only 3 games... they'll cope...:coffee:

JoeR

Not only is it 3 games, it's 3 games without pay. In the article on Yahoo it say's it comes to $154,677.75.

Hank

my war
They should have reviewed that elbow to Hendricks head while they were at it....but nooooooo, they are the precious Penguins :barf:

Baz

This. ------------------>
They should have reviewed that elbow to Hendricks head while they were at it....but nooooooo, they are the precious Penguins :barf:

:lol: Yeah, because the NHL never suspends anyone from the Penguins.

Baz

This. ------------------>
Dont leave your feet and launch yourself at a players head against the boards, you wont get 3 games.

Ovechkin's famous for leaving his feet. I'd say at least 20-25% of his big checks could be called for this exact thing. I'm actually surprised the NHL didn't look the other way for this one like they do the others. Maybe they decided since it was on national TV, and was so obvious, they had to.

Hank

my war
Ovechkin's famous for leaving his feet. I'd say at least 20-25% of his big checks could be called for this exact thing. I'm actually surprised the NHL didn't look the other way for this one like they do the others. Maybe they decided since it was on national TV, and was so obvious, they had to.

:baby:

Sweet 16

^^8^^

If it was so "obvious", you'd think at least one ref or linesman would have called it.

LordStanley

I know nothing
If it was so "obvious", you'd think at least one ref or linesman would have called it.

Are you a new hockey fan? :lol:

There are a lot of people that run red lights but never get caught by the cops... But they do get caught by the red light cameras...

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Are you a new hockey fan? :lol:

There are a lot of people that run red lights but never get caught by the cops... But they do get caught by the red light cameras...

True, but then there usually aren't four cops sitting at an intersection just waiting for someone to run the light either. If they were, they would most likely catch the red light runner.

LordStanley

I know nothing
True, but then there usually aren't four cops sitting at an intersection just waiting for someone to run the light either. If they were, they would most likely catch the red light runner.

Only 2 Refs per game(guys with orange arm bands). The other 2 are line judges... Line judges call offsides, onsides, iceings and help break up fights etc...

Having reffed games, I know there is a lot that can be missed... Thats the beauty of every game being filmed. Questionable and or illgeal hits can be reviewed and punished